Habs boys interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PSP

Habs boys interview

Post by PSP »

Has anyone completed this one? How did it go? Comments/tips would be great as DS has his tomorrow afternoon.
TMW

Post by TMW »

Congregate with the group in the reception, then go down to another room where parents are left with coffee / tea and then the boys were taken away together. Gone about 35 to 40 mins. Group discussion where they were shown some sorts of photos and asked to comment. Individual discussion where he was asked about hobbies, to read and explain a passage of text, asked where else he had applied and some other current events type questions. Oh and some easy mental maths.

Parents met with head or deputy head who just asked us to tell him about our son. Head was open to questions about the school ethos, what boys do well there etc. Pretty friendly and not daunting at all for him or us.
PSP

Post by PSP »

Thanks once again TMW for the detailed information, it is the bit about the photos and current affairs that worries me. Tried to get son to look at BBC News etc today but he was not too interested! We will hope for the best!

Good luck to your son if you have any more in the pipeline!
TMW

Post by TMW »

Good luck too, but honestly, it was so much better than I had feared. We are all done now and just have to wait.
PSP

Post by PSP »

Thanks TMW, fingers crossed for 21st Feb then! :)
Keep us posted in the future. I am still up burning the midnight oil, don't think I will be able to sleep much tonight.