Wallington and Sutton mock exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Starlight14

Wallington and Sutton mock exams

Post by Starlight14 »

Hi there,

Does anybody know when the wallington mock exam results will be published?
My DS did both, they were both really well organised and I am really glad he did them.
He found the wallington mock much tougher than the sutton mock and I wonder if this may have been down to nerves too. How did others find it?
Daogroupie

Re: Wallington and Sutton mock exams

Post by Daogroupie »

Wallington is new this year. I hear very good reports of it and the Maths seems to have been harder than the Sutton. I will be recommending doing both next year.

It sold out but not as quickly as Sutton.

If all their dates are done I think it comes out next week or the week after. I hope they will give lots of data for reviewing as Sutton did. DG
Ahmedfamily

Post by Ahmedfamily »

Hi,
My son also sat both Wallington and Sutton mock - he also thought Wallington was more difficult compared to Sutton. Let's see the result!
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Despite the long queues the Wallington mock was very well organised and going by the feedback on content of the mock from my DS, it was very similar to the Sutton mock - particularly the English.

All test dates are done now and results are due out on 16th June. I've fed back to the PTFA to provide the same data as Sutton - as I have an older DS there. They were a bit late confirming the test dates and were sending emails to parents asking for help as late as end March! So I guess they didn't have enough time to advertise. Despite that - it was a good mock and suspect that they'll add more dates next year.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank for the great data Amoda. More dates next year would be good. Lots of people who thought one Sutton Mock would be enough were than scrambling to try and do another mock after a bad Sutton A result. But the cupboard was bare, both centres were sold out.

How did your ds think they compared in difficult? I know Sutton put some CEM questions in the VR, did Wallington do the same? DG
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

Not too long to wait then, thank you for replying.

My DS felt the maths paper at wallington was much more difficult than at sutton, found both english papers okay but will see what the results say.
Great idea I hope they give some good feedback, DS did test b for sutton so we are still awaiting the results of them too but have had a browse at test a feedback at it looks very helpful.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

He said it was very similar to Sutton but he remembers there being more on prefixes and suffixes. That's about as much as he could remember!
kashifzs

Post by kashifzs »

I beleive the results are posted online on the 16th (i.e. tomorrow).
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

The Wally mock team has confirmed back to me that if possible, they'll try and provide a male / female split but weren't promising anything! Let's hope the data is at least as good as that provided by the Sutton mock team.
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

The results are up for Wallington mocks now, they have provided a comprehensive list of scores!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now