London theatre tickets - August

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gazzag

London theatre tickets - August

Post by gazzag »

There's a Kids Week (which lasts all of August) where kids can go free to many London shows along with a paying adult.

http://www.kidsweek.co.uk/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tickets started going on sale last Tuesday, so less availability now. It does look like a genuine offer. We are off to Warhorse and Barmy Britain part 3.
Reading Mum

Re: London theatre tickets - August

Post by Reading Mum »

the big names sold out very quickly.
Still worth looking for some of the less well known shows - we saw Hetty Feather this way last year and really enjoyed it. This year we have tickets for Les Mis and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

We are going to see War Horse too
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Reading Mum wrote:the big names sold out very quickly.
Still worth looking for some of the less well known shows - we saw Hetty Feather this way last year and really enjoyed it. This year we have tickets for Les Mis and Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
combined with a friends and family railcard bought with Tesco clubcard points, I am finally getting the hang of Theatre on a Budget!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Thanks we have now booked tickets to see Wicked, it was the next one on the list as a family. Several disagreements though as DD wanted one show and DS wanted another, DD had already seen DS choice with school and DD choice too childish for DS. So we decided, possibly would have gone for several other shows if it was just us!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Reading Mum wrote: I am finally getting the hang of Theatre on a Budget!
There is always your local theatre production companies.Locally we have two amateur companies who put on 12 productions a year in a small local theatre for a 100 people at a time.The tickets are around eight pounds, very good value.My wife goes to them all, I pick and choose.Some of the productions are very good.
As examples.
http://www.grangeplayers.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fellowship-players.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still love the West End productions even though we have plenty of productions around the major theatres in the West Midlands.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now