High Success Rate?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confused_and_tired

High Success Rate?

Post by confused_and_tired »

Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in their appeal. It would appear that there is a high success rate this year. I have heard of about 30 successes and no failures! What are other peoples observations?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If we're talking about Bucks, I think it's much too soon to draw conclusions.

All previous statistics suggest that the % success rate does not vary very much from year to year .....
Etienne
Hope

Post by Hope »

I also have heard of many successful appeals but no failures yet, which makes me very concerned as our appeal is not until 8th Feb ( I know Etienne keeps reassuring us that all appeals are dealt with to their own merits regardless of how many others have been successful) but I am stressing over how late our appeal is. Does anyone know when the last appeal is scheduled to be heard?

P.S. I don't want anyone to fail at appeal, the above post sounds awful, I am genuinely pleased for anyone who is successful, I wish we could all be successful!!! Maybe its this site helping to point us all in the right direction.
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

On the grand scheme of things if there have been 30 successes remember over 900+ appeal in Bucks alone, we are the lucky ones that have found this wonderful website to assist us (not saying everyone succeeds on here) but we are armed with invaluable information to help us, and for one I am truly thankful for finding this, I would have totally stuffed up. My DD's school have been reading the info on here and think it is excellent and will be telling those that need it next time, I have been singing it's praises and I believe they have been logging in particularly on my case, I think they realised which was mine. :D

Caz34red
Caz34red
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Hope and Caroline
Hope wrote:I also have heard of many successful appeals but no failures yet, which makes me very concerned as our appeal is not until 8th Feb.
Appeals began on 9th January I believe, and there have been roughly 6 appeals each day at 4 different locations. Therefore, around 200 appeals have been heard by now. An estimate of 30 successes would be 15%, which is very low. The usual success rate each year is 30 - 40%. Bear in mind that you may not have heard about many Appeals at all, let alone those that did not succeed. Many people never talk about their Appeals publicly.

Please don't worry about having a late date. The panels will have no idea of the "wider picture" - each panel is still assessing every case on it's own merits right up until the last appeal is heard. That date is usually around mid-February, but could a week later.
caz34red wrote:My DD's school have been reading the info on here and think it is excellent and will be telling those that need it next time, I have been singing it's praises and I believe they have been logging in particularly on my case, I think they realised which was mine. :D
Thank you Caroline - I also do everything I can tell people about this site. Information is so very important in this whole process.

If anyone should read this post and think that their case might be readily identifiable, as Caroline's may be, please let me reassure you.

Caroline's mitigating circumstances were probably very public to everyone who knows her, and so she felt comfortable disclosing them on the Forum. That has made her Appeal an invaluable "case study" for future users.

However, if you do not want to post personal information on the Forum, please choose a very anonymous user-name, post the main details of your case here and then ask for a discussion via PM with one of us to deal with any mitigating circumstances.

Good luck Hope!

Sally-Anne
caz34red

Post by caz34red »

Sorry, I did not mean it was not anonomous, my DD teachers knew which case was mine, but I have refrained from disclosing DD name or school or where it is, I have no problem disclosing my circumstances this as the chances of anyone knowing me are slim (hopefully) and hopefuly it may help those with a similar problem.

Caz
Caz34red
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Exactly Caroline!

The chances of anyone identifying you are very low.

Saly-Anne
in Turmoil

High Success Rate

Post by in Turmoil »

Well I have that failure for you!

We got our no letter on Saturday very dissapointed. I felt we had a strong case but it was to no avail.

Good luck to everyone else.

In Turmoli
In Turmoil
Hope

Post by Hope »

So sorry In Turmoil, you must be gutted, I hope your child was not too upset.
in Turmoil

success rate

Post by in Turmoil »

We made the decision not to tell her we were appealing and I am glad we kept it secret from her. As adults we struggle to understand why some people are successful with their appeals and some aren't, so I think a ten year old would just see it as another failure!

Part of me is gutted her sister is at the school she would have gone to if we had been successful and I also work there!

However her sister is in the top three of her year group at present and she would have been much more middle of the road.

At least we are very happy with our alternative!

In Turmoil
In Turmoil
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now