In large states public education will always be mediocre...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YoungSuccess

In large states public education will always be mediocre...

Post by YoungSuccess »

Just started reading a book by a former headteacher and the introductory chapter starts with this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche;

" In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large ********* the cooking is usually bad "

I find this hilarious but at the same time poignant. Maybe it could start a really healthy, friendly discussion.

I bet the first person to post will name the book!
quasimodo

Re: In large states public education will always be mediocre

Post by quasimodo »

YoungSuccess wrote:Just started reading a book by a former headteacher and the introductory chapter starts with this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche;

" In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large ********* the cooking is usually bad "

I find this hilarious but at the same time poignant. Maybe it could start a really healthy, friendly discussion.

I bet the first person to post will name the book!
"A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shallows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically." :lol: :lol:
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
YoungSuccess

Re: In large states public education will always be mediocre

Post by YoungSuccess »

quasimodo wrote:
"A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shallows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically." :lol: :lol:
Lol - John Steinbeck?