Annual Army Cadet Camp

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KT123

Annual Army Cadet Camp

Post by KT123 »

Hi

DD2 joined the ACF last November and is going on her first Annual Cadet Camp this Friday for a fortnight. Can anyone provide me with tips of anything that would be useful to take that might not appear on a kit list?
Sally-Anne

Re: Annual Army Cadet Camp

Post by Sally-Anne »

The kit list is pretty comprehensive in my experience, but bin liners for wet clothes always come in handy; also plenty of spare torch batteries and blister plasters.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

DS is off on his first Sea Scout camp on Sunday - kit list includes everything bar the kitchen sink (leaders must be taking that!) so I have no advice I'm afraid, just wanted to say I'm dead jealous and wish I was going too :)

JD
KB

Post by KB »

If she doesn't have to hike with it then newspaper for putting in wet boots overnight.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Lippy and mascara!

Seriously though, hope she has a brilliant time. A packet of hard boiled sweets comes in handy if doing long walks, a few hidden in the pocket each day, gives her a chance to have a bit of sugar between long stretches......a tip my mum told me and served me well.
Justinterested

Post by Justinterested »

Fantastic. I hoe she thoroughly enjoys it and I am sure she will gain so much from the experience. My daughter went up to RAF Kinloss for a camp 6 weeks after joining ATC. Try explaining how to do hospital corners over the phone ..tricky! Anyway she managed it and then slept on floor all week so as to pass the morning inspection !
vasu

Post by vasu »

Ds is off to ccf camp this week. He is cribbing a lot about food! Just random texts. I would say, just pack a lot of nutri-bars. And insect repellent too! Extra!
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.