Help ... I cant get download to work properly!

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bexleymother

Help ... I cant get download to work properly!

Post by Bexleymother »

Hi all, I'm stupid & know nothing about computers & need some help quickly please. I bought the Tutors VR download and it is fantastic. However when downloading, instead of thinking about where it should be stored, I just kept clicking next. I then could not find it and had to locate by using the search option. I've sorted that bit out and have made a shortcut on the desktop but now everytime we open it up, it starts from new and there is no record of previous attempts made. This is obviously discouraging for my (very slow but clever) son who really would love to see the graph showing his time going down. Any ideas??? :oops:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I find mine by clicking on ALL PROGRAMS then scrolling down, then across. Yes, I have mine as a shortcut which always starts from the beginning, so ignore that method. try all programs. Hope that works for you...
Bexleymother

Post by Bexleymother »

Yes, I know. That's where I thought I would find it like any other program I have ever bought (or as a desktop icon) However I cannot see it there and that is why I had to look in Program files. Thank you anyway. Any other thoughts?
Bexleymother

Post by Bexleymother »

Right, I've now deleted all the rubbish programs from my computer so that I can actually see the tutors program so that bit is fine. I am not using the shortcut as you advised. However, I still cannot get it to save. All programs ---> eleven plus VR vol 1 ---> opens up but does not remember me. Any other suggestions please? Gaaaaaah!!!!! :?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Bexley Mother

I cannot help, however I have sent messages to the site owner and the programmer, hopefully one of them will come back with an answer...

Patricia
Bexleymother

Post by Bexleymother »

Thank you. I also sent them an email. They think it might have something to do with the anti virus software. I do know that we have had problems in the past with it not allowing certain things. Apparently I've got to alter it somehow. I'm going to let hubby sort that out cos I'm bound to mess it up. He's away for a week though. Oh well!!! Thank you everyone who tried to help though.
Bexleymother

Post by Bexleymother »

aaaaaah.... I had to change the settings on my computer to allow it to save. Works properly now. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now