Exam date 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MedievalBabe

Exam date 2016

Post by MedievalBabe »

Whilst I was with a friend after school her daughter came out and said they had been told by their new class teacher that the GS exam date is moving to the summer term, so they will be taking it in Y5 rather than early in Y6.

Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything?
Tolstoy

Re: Exam date 2016

Post by Tolstoy »

No and when I googled I had the great missfortune to come across a Gloucester site that actively encourages 11+tourism. Oh the joy of the new CEM test. Lets make it even harder for local DC. :roll:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Aaaaargh.......no. Please don't take away two months of DDs time. She finds its harder to focus than DS did, in spite of having the basic ability. I'm already panicking.

I'm hoping that was a little red herring someone dropped in, MB, but I'm sure DD would be pleased not to have to worry about it through the summer holidays next year.

On that note, does anyone know the date of CAT tests in September this year? We were planning a big shindig for a family wedding but I then realised its around CAT time. It might not be wisest to allow DD to stay up till midnight around then, even on a Saturday.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I have to admit that I am hoping the daughter is wrong but she was adamant that the Y5 teacher had said it was moving to the summer. I would have thought if that was true that the GSs will need to announce it pretty soon as it will have a knock on effect for all of the parents and children.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

By that reckoning then MB, my ds would have been 9 when he took the 11+! Yoiks.

Sorry can't help with the CATs kismet; haven't even thought that far ahead yet.
CKMum

Post by CKMum »

Not heard anything about this either. My DD would have been 9 too - madness! I think they will have to think long and hard before moving it much earlier...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Unless they particularly want the world and its wife signing up to take the test there for exam practice / 'because we don't want little Peregrine's first experience of sharing a room with the masses to be the day he takes his real 11+', then I can't see why they would choose to move the exam to an earlier date?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now