Medway Test format clarifications

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

didledad

Medway Test format clarifications

Post by didledad »

My daughter is taking the exam in September, and whilst she is happy to do some practise, I am mindful that an hour and a half of testing is a huge undertaking for a ten year old both in terms of concentration and accuracy, whilst working at speed.
Consequently, I am looking to clarify two matters, those being:
1. Where the School tests over two days, am I correct in thinking that day one will be English Extended Writing and day two will be Maths and Non-Verbal Reasoning?
2. Will the actual Medway Test, Maths and Non Verbal Reasoning examinations, take the same format as the GL practise papers we have been using for preparation, i.e. 50 questions in 50 minutes?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by didledad on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emmajane1

Re: Medway Test format clarifications

Post by emmajane1 »

I don't know how they divide the three papers over the two day I'm afraid. I would also like to know this - my daughter is sitting the test this year too.

However it is verbal reasoning not non- verbal reasoning. Hopefully just a typo but non- verbal isn't tested in Medway.

I believe that they are like the GL papers - 50 mins tests - for extended writing, vr (80 questions ) & maths (50 questions)

Hope this has been some help.
didledad

Re: Medway Test format clarifications

Post by didledad »

Emma Jane 1,

Thank you for the reply.
Fortunately Non Verbal Reasoning was a typo on my part, I do not think my Daughter would have thanked me if she had been preparing for the wrong exam!
We now need to up our practise time on the Maths as we have built up to 25 questions in 25 minutes. However, accuracy and concentration drops off beyond this.
Although my daughter has not been taught any Verbal Reasoning techniques at school, she quickly identifies the logic, so apart from playing some fun games (where she invariably beats me) using an App I found on my phone, we have not spent too much time on Verbal Reasoning.
I have not as yet come up with any ideas to practise the extended writing , other than taking a greater interest and discussing with her the books she is reading, or getting her to correct my grammar and spelling , which she does with gusto!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now