Mgm Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mgm

Mgm Appeal

Post by mgm »

My appeal for my son failed in Sutton ,wilsons and Wallington.
My son got a fever in the examination hall. He didn't told anyone because of that he couldn't pass the SET.
We were having all the evidences and Doctors letters . All his blood reports .
He is in a highly performing primary school.
The panel and schools hasn't considered the medical conditions.
THAT WAS VERY DISTURBING TO US.
Can we appeal again in next educational year?

I've split your post into its own appeal thread, rather than leaving it in the feedback thread.
Etienne

Re: Mgm Appeal

Post by Etienne »

The panel and schools hasn't considered the medical conditions.
How do you know? Was there no mention of his medical conditions in the decision letter?
If you'd like to send a copy of the decision letter to the Appeals Box, we don't mind checking whether it appears to meet legal requirements:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the panel have done something wrong, causing an injustice, you can complain and seek a remedy.
(A complaint won't succeed, however, if it's just a matter of your disagreeing with the panel's decision.)
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/ombudsman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can we appeal again in next educational year?
If you apply for the following year, and are refused, you will be entitled to another appeal.
Etienne
mgm

Post by mgm »

My son didn't tell anyone while writing the test. But we took him to the doctor and doctor's letter clearly says that my son was unwell during the test.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Did you have to sign a "fit to attend" sheet when you got to the test centre with your son? Did you sign it? These are very clear that if your child is unwell they should not sit the test and you should contact the County Council Admissions to find out about alternative testing dates.

It is unfortunate that your son was unwell during the test but the fact that he finished the test, not mentioning being unwell to anyone and then you went to a doctor, afterwards to get a letter, I'm sorry but I can understand why the panel may find this difficult evidence to accept. The doctor may say your son was unwell when he saw him, but he cannot categorically say that he was unwell when he sat the test as it is after the event. Otherwise everyone could trot off to the doctor after the test and get a letter!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

It sounds like you are very disappointed that your appeal was not successful.

Most of the information in the extensive appeal section on this forum would stress that you need to show alternative high level academic evidence to show your dc is suitable for GS and that is probably more important than the extenuating circumstances which lead to a lower test score than expected. It would not be enough to be attending a high achieving primary school.

Do you know that any of the schools had successful appeals in the past ?....some schools are much more difficult to win an appeal even if you have stellar academic evidence because they really cannot squeeze an extra child in.
Last edited by DC17C on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgm

Post by mgm »

We had all the evidences of other grammar school offers, head teachers recommendation, his grades everything. Only we were not having a lawyer to put the case.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mgm wrote:We had all the evidences of other grammar school offers, head teachers recommendation, his grades everything. Only we were not having a lawyer to put the case.
Has he other Grammar School offers ? Where has he been offered a place?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I have previously responded to a post from the OP asking about travel options from Maidstone to Chatham Grammar School in Medway.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

If the OP lives in Maidstone why would they be interested in appealing for Sutton, Wilson's and Wallington schools anyway? Especially if their child already has a grammar place nearer home.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Glad you said that Peridot, I was just puzzling over this and wondering whether my local geography was truly that awful. One can only assume the OP means to relocate?