PE Towel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nikkibeak

PE Towel

Post by Nikkibeak »

This is probably a silly question but does my DS need a towel specifically for PE or can he just take whatever is in the airing cupboard. Does it matter if they have pictures etc?
ToadMum

Re: PE Towel

Post by ToadMum »

Nikkibeak wrote:This is probably a silly question but does my DS need a towel specifically for PE or can he just take whatever is in the airing cupboard. Does it matter if they have pictures etc?
I don't know about CRGS, but DS2 says that at SHSB some of his friends at least have towels of the 'fluffy, bath' variety. Ours have always taken small 'trekking' towels as they are very compact and light and dry quickly.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

ToadMum wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:This is probably a silly question but does my DS need a towel specifically for PE or can he just take whatever is in the airing cupboard. Does it matter if they have pictures etc?
I don't know about CRGS, but DS2 says that at SHSB some of his friends at least have towels of the 'fluffy, bath' variety. Ours have always taken small 'trekking' towels as they are very compact and light and dry quickly.
I was looking at some of those microfibre ones that are thin and are fast drying but I wasn't sure if everybody else would have a fluffy bath towel. I didn't want him to be the odd one out! The thinner ones do seem more practical.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Frankly, I am happy to abandon our offspring to fight their own corner on the towel issue :lol: . It just seems daft to lug a big (and, once it's wet, heavy) towel around when there is an alternative. We all use them for swimming as well - in sunny / breezy weather I just 'peg' mine over the top of my car door and dry it off while I sit out with a coffee after my swim.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Good thinking!

Now i'm searching eBay and Amazon for stationery. Is there really such a thing as a 2HB pencil? It says pencils including an HB and 2HB for art. I can't see a 2HB only 2H or 2B.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No only HB - perhaps it means 2 HB pencils?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I would say not surely HB is like the pivot point in the middle of the range with the H's on one side and the B's on the other.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Nikkibeak wrote:Good thinking!

Now i'm searching eBay and Amazon for stationery. Is there really such a thing as a 2HB pencil? It says pencils including an HB and 2HB for art. I can't see a 2HB only 2H or 2B.
If you have a branch of The Works handy, you can get complete sets of perfectly good drawing pencils - and other art equipment - ridiculously cheaply there.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Pencils - DS (crgs) always had these for art.
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmi ... 6/23597310
Although I think we replaced the 2B a couple of times so that must have been the most used.

Re towels - I dont think he ever used one except for swimming :oops:
Games being all afternoon he would come straight home from the games field and shower at home.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Excellent thanks I'll get a mixed set of pencils. I've a feeling if my DS can get away without showering he will :lol: