No notification of the time and location of the 11+ test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lizaccc

No notification of the time and location of the 11+ test

Post by lizaccc »

I registered my daughter for the 11+ back in May 15. I received the confirmation email but no further email on the location and time. Most of the other parents have had this information. As the schools are closed, and there is no department at the council who deals with this, please can you advise how I would get this information before they start back on the 2nd Sept. I put down my work email which has very little spam, and I know I definitely haven't been sent an email
Lizhill

Re: No notification of the time and location of the 11+ test

Post by Lizhill »

Which school are you talking about?
lizaccc

Post by lizaccc »

It is for the South West Herts consortium test which covers, Watford Girls & Boys Grammar, Bushey Meads, Queens, Parmiters and Queens.
minalpat78

Post by minalpat78 »

Hi, I received my email with location and time on the 3red July 2015 - it comes from an admin Watford address with Testing arrangments as the header. Have you checked your junk box?
lizaccc

Post by lizaccc »

I know. Most people did get theirs on the 3rd July but mine definitely wasn't sent. Like I said I don't get much junk mail and I check it daily.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There will be staff in all the schools on Thursday 13th August because the AS/A Level results come out that day. There may even be staff in before that.

If you call on the 13th, I suggest you leave it until mid-late morning, because it can be pretty frantic earlier on.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Schools have to have arrangements in place for 'key holders' for everday of the holidays. Try e-mailing an 'office@' or simialr e-mail address (see their website).

I would not go in on results day without phoning first - no earlier than midday - as the lines need to be used for students to phone unis if they've just missed their offers.
wrsxp17

Post by wrsxp17 »

I missed the deadline and applied late. I received confirmation that they have received my application form but no time or venue for the exam. Lizaccc please let me know if you have any luck with getting in touch with anyone. If I have any luck I will pm you as well.
lizaccc

Post by lizaccc »

I spoke to my daughters head teacher on the Monday after they broke up - She told me they know nothing about the Consortium tests. I then called one of the 5 consortium schools (Queens) and managed to speak to someone who told me they too know nothing!! Helpful.. not!
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

The email addresses for the admissions secretaries or school offices are:
mrs.withers@watfordgirls.herts.sch.uk
dunsbyr@watfordboys.org
admissions@stclementdanes.herts.sch.uk
admin@parmiters.herts.sch.uk
office@queens.herts.sch.uk
admissions@rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk
reception@busheymeads.org.uk

I would email all of them and explain that you are not sure what your test centre will be because you didn't receive confirmation of the centre from the consortium.
Include the reference number and applicant details from the initial confirmation email. At least one of them should be able to help you!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now