Pupils Dropping Out Mid-term KEFW

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rachelat8bq

Pupils Dropping Out Mid-term KEFW

Post by Rachelat8bq »

I have heard that by December 2014 a number of the Year 7's at KEFW had already decided to leave the school. Is this true? If so how many? For those taking up those places, how much lower did the entrance scores go? I've been looking for a topic covering this, but can't find one. If a PP child leaves, I am assuming their place must be taken by a PP child from the waiting list. Is that correct?

Thanks
moseleymum

Re: Pupils Dropping Out Mid-term KEFW

Post by moseleymum »

The waiting list is still in operation until December of Year 7. In any given year they will offer the place to the next child on the waiting list. For an idea of how low the score has already dropped since March it is best to look at the waiting list thread

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=41539" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The score for KEFW has already dropped several points. For CHB, approximately one third of the year got their places from the waiting list after March 2nd.

The thread above is for the current year. For last year there will be a separate thread somewhere which you can search for.

There are separate waiting lists for PP and non PP children as the schools have to maintain a certain proportion of PP children within the year group.

From January of Year 7, children are retested in line with the "In Year Admission" policy.

When my DD was in year 7, several girls left and were promptly replaced. This caused a knock on effect at the schools they came from (Handworth Girls, KEHS etc). For KEFW, as it is co ed, places could be made available from children moving to another Grammar (boys or girls) private sector or out of the area altogether (as in the case of the girls who left from my DDs year as several emigrated to other countries).