The Ashes 2015

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

The Ashes 2015

Post by Guest55 »

I love cricket and wondered who else is enjoying the current Test series.
doodles

Re: The Ashes 2015

Post by doodles »

+1
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Guest55 wrote:I love cricket and wondered who else is enjoying the current Test series.
Watching on and off here - missed the Australian innings (!) this morning but watching now. Hopefully the family will think that onions cooked as part of the base for a casserole should always be that well caramelised :shock: but DD is obviously psychic as she sent a text to say she is eating at a friend's house this evening before I'd even started cooking, let alone burning things.

Through my cricket coaching parent helper activities, DH and I will be going to the Australia - England women's match at Chelmsford in three weeks' time for free, which I'm really looking forward to as well. :)

(Guess that might be taken as supporting another members's assertion elsewhere on the forum that people only volunteer for things they get something out of?? :shock: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KB

Post by KB »

Didn't get an update until they had lost 7 wickets - took a double take! Wishing my Dad were still around to enjoy this summer's Test series.
Alistair Cook is an adopted local boy so after some pretty low points its good to see them back on top :)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Still reckon Oz could get 500+ in the second innings and leave Ingerland struggling (being watching Ingerland play cricket for far too long, they can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory)
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Shame on you! Watching the cricket like a load of old blokes!! Why aren't you discussing bake off????

KIDDING!

I'm such a girl!

Hubster avidly watching all the highlights and wishing we had sky
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Start a thread then Yamin!

I won't get sky on principle but follow TMS or online ...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yamin151 wrote:Shame on you! Watching the cricket like a load of old blokes!! Why aren't you discussing bake off????

KIDDING!

I'm such a girl!

Hubster avidly watching all the highlights and wishing we had sky
Can't stand Bake Off! I used to think Sky was a terrible waste of money until I realised that it was the only way I was going to get to watch cricket properly on TV these days.

Before DC (or at least until DS1 got to an age of being too much of a distraction) we used to go to suite a lot of Essex matches, sitting listening to the Radio Essex commentary on a shared pair of earphones as we watched :lol: . I also remember traipsing off to Guildford to watch one of Charlotte Edwards' first England internationals - and look at her now, all grown up, as they say (she's the England women's captain, for all you 'girlies' out there, and absolutely brilliant, as are the rest of the team, actually). :) .

Also a big fan of young Alastair, Stuart Broad and co, of course.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Was working until 2 so didn't know the score until I got home, fantastic afternoon.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Toadmum - the first Essex match I watched was at Chalkwell Park :)

I'm still an Essex CCC member although I am in exile in Bucks!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now