Changes to Lincolnshire Tests 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Alex

Changes to Lincolnshire Tests 2015

Post by Alex »

There are changes to the Lincolnshire Consortium tests this year, 2015.

The format for both the Verbal Reasoning and the Non-Verbal Reasoning tests will be MULTIPLE CHOICE
This means answers will be marked in pencil on a separate answer sheet which will be marked by an optical reader which will be done by NfER rather than by the individual schools

The VERBAL REASONING test has been updated to include a greater number of types of questions and a wider pool of questions.
Sparkle33

Re: Changes to Lincolnshire Tests 2015

Post by Sparkle33 »

i also understand that there is a new part in the NVR the spatial what kind of questions are those
JRM

Post by JRM »

Somehow I have misread this in the past. I knew about the change from standard format to multiple choice.
I didn't realise there would be new question types though. Is there any way we can find out what these are? We have just worked through the Nfer 'How to' books and then done the practice papers. But these have not changed. I am now worried that all the students who are being tutored will know what these different question types are and they will be completely new to DD on the day.

Can anybody help advise me what else she should be looking at?
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
JRM

Post by JRM »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =21&t=4525" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I found my answer. Many thanks for your update in red on the link above. ( I shared in case anyone else is as daft as me!)
Dr Seuss
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

My friends DD is taking this test. Her mum phoned QEHS yesterday and was advised that the VR will be 80 questions in 50 minutes and the NVR will be 5 sections of 14 questions (70 in total).
JRM

Post by JRM »

Like the practice papers then. Yet I still hear people quoting the '30 seconds per question' rule at me. I just want it all to be over now!
Dr Seuss
carraway

Post by carraway »

I'd heard that from 2016 the exams were no longer being taken in primary schools.

As usual the Lincolnshire Consortium website gives no useful information or dates

Does anyone know anything else about this?

Thanks
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

We actually had a letter yesterday saying that they would be able to take the test in their primary school, as usual, so hopefully this will reassure you.

I can't bear the thought of embarking on the 11 plus roller coaster again! Nightmare! Any suggestions re the 'right' test books with which to practice would be much appreciated....
Alex

Post by Alex »

It has always been different in different areas of the county with some areas taking the tests in the primary school and others having to go to the secondary school. If you think there may be changes in your area this year do check direct with either the Grammar school or your own primary school.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I don't think there is so much change that most of the "right" books from before are not still relevant. However, it would be better to spend some time doing practice in the correct format (multiple choice) so they are used to marking boxes on a separate sheet of paper and keeping their place on two bits of paper. And clearly there are some additional bits in NVR which must involve some more question type(s) than the ones which are found in the GL/Letts papers so perhaps widen the pool a bit there - maybe Bond ?
I wonder whether the practice tests will include the new question type(s) now??