Bond CEM Exam Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dwisdom

Bond CEM Exam Paper

Post by dwisdom »

Is this worth buying - the questions seem really hard???
RedVelvet

Re: Bond CEM Exam Paper

Post by RedVelvet »

Think I had a look at this in a bookshop last week. The layout and text size is dreadful, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I picked up the Letts in the end, clear instructions and the audio download were helpful.
NanoNano

Post by NanoNano »

We found the CGP good as well - Bond was our least favourite.
fifilarue

Post by fifilarue »

I think it depends on your area. From what I have read, those going for superselectives in London need to be able to cope with the Bond questions in the final run up to the exam. Quite a few posts that I have seen comment on how difficult it seems and suggest leaving it until last :/
grammar2012

Post by grammar2012 »

we did the Bond Cem Paper1 and the long maths which are clearly not doable in 15 mins( 15qs). Dd told me that she has not encountered such wordy qs in the mocks she has been doing.

we will not be disheartened by this by have a go at it again later next week. CGP seems to be more doable.
Curiousparent

Post by Curiousparent »

Hi,

New to forum....

Can anyone help me understand how much should the target score be of the ones being discussed in this thread ...
1. Letts CEM
2. CGP CEM
3. Bond CEM

Thanks
CP
sidcupparent

Post by sidcupparent »

When we did this last year - we went through CGP and found it was too hard so left it.

We still passed. We only did Bond 9-10 maths and English.

I think these exam papers are meant for the super selective rather than specific for Bexley 11 plus.

Worth doing the questions but don't focus on time.

I would recommend doing mock exams - our tuition centre ran some cheap one £15 with feedback. I think they are doing this year as well.

Kids pass or fail mainly because of time pressures which calls for good exam technique
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

We completed a MOCK exam based on Letts in end of July for Bexley. DS found it too hard as the verbal part was 80 questions for 60 minutes and the numerical - 90 for 60 minutes. We went through after that and I found it hard if I had to sit this test.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Previously DAO and SW Herts Moray House VR was 100 questions in 45 minutes so I am expecting the CEM on 5th September to be the same or more questions in 45 minutes.

The hallmark of CEM is lots of questions in a very short amount of time so that should be prepared for and students should expect not to be able to finish. DG
sidcupparent

Post by sidcupparent »

I think Lets, Bond and CGP are all harder than the real thing. But still should go through them.

Like everyone says CM is about timing - ask your tutor or tuition centre for some mocks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now