Travel from Suffolk to CCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Erin2013

Travel from Suffolk to CCHS

Post by Erin2013 »

Hello,

I am new to this and looking to see what travel options there are from North of Ipswich. I would be grateful of any help please.

Thank you
ToadMum

Re: Travel from Suffolk to CCHS

Post by ToadMum »

Erin2013 wrote:Hello,

I am new to this and looking to see what travel options there are from North of Ipswich. I would be grateful of any help please.

Thank you
Do you mean Colchester or Chelmsford? ChCHS is close to the railway station in Chelmsford so train is easy if you can get to the station at your end. ColCHS is less easy by train but no doubt ColCHS parents will have lots of good advice re buses (just an interloper from sunny Leigh on Sea here, who likes Chelmsford for shopping and Thai food :D ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moved

Post by moved »

The girls take the train and then the bus from what I've heard. A few of DD's friends come from Ipswich and their sisters go to ColCHS
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

There is a private mini bus that goes from Martlesham Health to ColCHSG. I do not however know the details of who organises it. DD thinks it maybe JR travel.
Lots of girls do train but depending on where you are in north Ipswich, you are looking at a significant bus journey both ends.

(I live in Colchester but am considering a long shot application to KHS for my youngest. We are miles out of catchment, but childcare would be simple and thus I am looking at the journey the other way round)
virginasbi

Post by virginasbi »

It is indeed JR Travel
This is their email address:
jrtravel@btinternet.com

They are currently organizing the timetable for next year's travel
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now