White trainers with non marking soles?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dibsie

White trainers with non marking soles?

Post by Dibsie »

Hi, we braved Sports Direct yesterday and found the rugby boots, mouth guard and various other bits needed for September, but we struggled with white trainers. Can anyone recommend any please?
ToadMum

Re: White trainers with non marking soles?

Post by ToadMum »

Sportsshoes.com allows 'non marking outsoles' as a filter, so you can find some that way, but it's really best to try trainers on. I was advised in SD that most running shoes are non marking but there are not many in white.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Having a similar requirement personally for work (predominantly white or all black) I tend to go for the reebok classic range. Definitely recommend trying on though, as trainer sizes IMO bear no resemblance to other shoes!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Minesatea wrote:Having a similar requirement personally for work (predominantly white or all black) I tend to go for the reebok classic range. Definitely recommend trying on though, as trainer sizes IMO bear no resemblance to other shoes!
I made the innocent error of telling the fortunately wonderfully patient young assistant in the Chelmsford branch of SD that I was about a size 6 and a half. Sadly the trainers we agreed were the best for me were Karrimor, a brand whose walking boots and sandals reside on the same planet as normal footwear but whose running shoes I now know definitely don't. Several trips back to the stockroom later we came to the conclusion that my feet were actually two whole sizes bigger in their world :?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

It might also be worth checking with other families with children at the school what really happens with trainers. My ds is now going into Yr9 and we did the whole search for white trainers in yr 7 and found a geox pair which were quite expensive ...especially when ds left his whole pe kit on a public bus never to be seen again :roll: By Yr8 I had forgotten all about the white shoe thing and bought a blue pair of reebocks and there were never any issues or complaints - this year we have had to go for a pair of trainers with extra arch support on a physios advice and they are purple and green.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Last year, M&S did some predominantly white trainers for boys in their school section. I'm not sure whether they have them this year, though (I've only ventured in recently to look for new underpants for DS2 - and discovered that '13 - 14' is currently the most popular size in the Southend area, along with size 7 - 10 black socks).