KES stratford sixth form conditional offer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Underhill

KES stratford sixth form conditional offer

Post by Underhill »

Hi

If you have a conditional offer for KES sixth form (external applicant) does that mean you definitely get in if you achieve the minimum required 380 QCA points plus A grades in chosen subjects?

Or does it depend on how your results compare to those of other applicants?

Thanks
Warks mum

Re: KES stratford sixth form conditional offer

Post by Warks mum »

As far as I'm aware, a conditional offer becomes firm when the grades are achieved, it won't be withdrawn. However, at least one lad who would have been in DD's year and was at KES from year 7 didn't get the required grades so couldn't go into the sixth form. I'd therefore assume that if a student doesn't get the grades then he or she wouldn't get a place.

Hope it's good news for you!
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Thank you... just can't work out from the admissions policy what the conditions actually are!!!
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

As a state school I believe the school is obliged to keep the same conditions for all candidates, so they should be those specified in the admissions documents. If you look at page 5 of this:

http://www.kes.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... n-Pack.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It clarifies the entry criteria, which seem to be the ones you're quoting.

The official admissions document talks about the subject class sizes being taken into account before conditional offers are made so once you've got a conditional offer then it's simply (?!) a case of getting the correct grades. Further offers can be made after GCSE results come out, to those who didn't receive conditional offers. The relevant bit is on page 7 of this:

http://www.kes.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... y-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, I'm only writing this as a parent, rather than an expert!
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Good to have your interpretation, thank you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now