Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

silversurfer

Appeal

Post by silversurfer »

I am going to appeal completely alone, without support from school and am looking for any advice to help me prepare for this. Have already done the review which was unsuccessful.

The score obtained was 521 (pass mark 525). Medway area.

Really I would like to hear honest opinions from people who have experienced it, and whether it is worth me going alone for it.

Thanks
cindy

Post by cindy »

Hi silversurfer,

On the face of it, this would seem to be still a good mark, even if it was not a pass.

I would appeal for my child with this high score, but wonder why the school are not supporting your appeal? knowing the answer to this may make it much easier for advice giving on the appeal.

Cindyx
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi silver surfer,

Although I’m not in your particular area, I have been in your position.

I went to Appeal alone and with hardly any backing from our school. I was told that the LEA had a protocol and schools were not allowed to get involved with the parent’s appeal process. It’s a pity this “protocolâ€
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

That's incredibly close - 521. Were the individual scores pretty even or was one subject particularly higher/lower? I too would be interested to know the reason the school did not support the review - my dd's school supported those within 10 marks of the pass mark.Did the school support anybody else? Is your child also working within level 5?
Definitely go for appeal,there is the general feeling there will be places available in Medway from out-of-area candidates turning down places. What school/s are on your list?
Please PM me if you do not wish to post this information.
Medwaymum