Maths remark

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

Maths remark

Post by moved »

Just to let those of you who believe that maths remarks aren't worth it, DS now has his A at A2. M1 up 10 UMS after remark. We did order a copy of the script but haven't seen it yet.
Phew!
hermanmunster

Re: Maths remark

Post by hermanmunster »

Great news! And just shows it can happen - almost sounds like a chunk of marks weren't counted ???
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'd usually recommend seeing the script first but my DS also benefited from going up 8 UMS on C3 - the scripts are easy to check as each mark awarded (or not) is printed on the copy.
moved

Post by moved »

Got a copy of C4 to go through and decide, but M1 was such a surprise we thought we'd get it remarked anyway.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

fantastic!
moose

Post by moose »

My DS' grade in Physics went also up from B to A (9 marks). 3 were needed to change the grade. That secured his first uni choice, but also meant lots of stress and he did not get the accommodation he desired due to delay. Very annoying and really unacceptable!
moved

Post by moved »

Marking needs to be paid properly. The pay rate is very low and forces markers both through workload and pay rate to rush through scripts.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Excellent news for both of you and DC.

Interesting comment Moved. I assume the markers are being pressured about making the deadlines. Curious to know if markers for IB get paid more and if there are more of them. The result turn around is much quicker.

Are there any statistics re IB v A'levels and marking consistancy?
estelle

Post by estelle »

Good news here as well. We were encouraged to go for a remark on reading the previous posts. M2 up by 9 marks so my DS is delighted. It is worrying that there can be so much variation in marks on a maths paper.

estelle
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Congratulations to all of you but it is very sad to think of the others who have been forever cheated out of their real mark and didn't know to get it remarked. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now