Letter re: test day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

susiesue

Letter re: test day

Post by susiesue »

Received our letter from DR (our 1st choice place to sit exam) this morning.
Just contained details of what will happen during the day, label and ID form.
Is this ID form a new thing for this year?

Anyway, this letter has just made it more real, only 8 days left!
This is our 3rd and final time, and I can't wait for it to be all over!
DC17C

Re: Letter re: test day

Post by DC17C »

I have a feeling the ID thing came in last year......I guess to make sure the right child actually takes the test.

Good luck for your dd and all the others taking the test this year. DS moved into Yr9 and DD into yr10 this year so the 11+ is behind me but boy I remember the stress and anxiety around it all ...
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

yes, we had the ID form last year. Word of caution, be careful the photo is a good likeness, heard of a boy sitting at Tommies last year who was questioned by someone on the gate if it was actually him....not the best thing for calming nerves before the test!
cazien

Post by cazien »

When we received our letter from HSFG - DD read it and immediately said "Why don't we have to take pencils & rubber? Are they really going to provide everything?" (Ashamed to say I didn't even think of that!)

Don't know whether to be relieved or concerned that she is not worrying about the test!

It's going to be a lloonngg week :shock: :lol:

Good luck everyone.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

cazien wrote:When we received our letter from HSFG - DD read it and immediately said "Why don't we have to take pencils & rubber? Are they really going to provide everything?" (Ashamed to say I didn't even think of that!)

Don't know whether to be relieved or concerned that she is not worrying about the test!

It's going to be a lloonngg week :shock: :lol:

Good luck everyone.
Normal from where I'm standing Cazien. We had to remind our son on the day, as he had completely forgotten. He hadn't mentioned it throughout the week, so nor did we. He has a terrible memory so it's not surprising, but it certainly took a lot of pressure off.

Ref photo, yes they started that last year and the advice is good about it being a true likeness. You don't get it back either, so don't send in your favourite piccie :lol: .

Eldest is now in year 10 and youngest just started year 7 so our grammar days are over thank god. Don't envy you guys - it's definitely worth it though so stay strong.

Good luck all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now