signs of stresss: what to look out for in dc

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Happyface

signs of stresss: what to look out for in dc

Post by Happyface »

Dc is fine at the moment & I'm hiding my nervousness well. V reassuring & relaxed in front of dc. My question is that though dc looks fine but are there any signs one can see from outside to tell that a dc is getting the exam feeling? so that we can help relax them? thanks
Eccentric

Re: signs of stresss: what to look out for in dc

Post by Eccentric »

Anger, tears, not sleeping, being rude, compulsive behaviours, over or under eating, arguing with friends, inability to focus, throwing Wobblies, being clingy, spending a lot of time in own room, not wanting to wake up in the morning, not wanting to participate in normal activities, feeling tired all the time, feeling irritable, poor memory. I am sure there are many more.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Eccentric wrote:Anger, tears, not sleeping, being rude, compulsive behaviours, over or under eating, arguing with friends, inability to focus, throwing Wobblies, being clingy, spending a lot of time in own room, not wanting to wake up in the morning, not wanting to participate in normal activities, feeling tired all the time, feeling irritable, poor memory. I am sure there are many more.
I must be suffering from stress then :shock:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Sounds just like me :?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I hate to say it, but that is not the 11+, that's just normal teenage angst - it may start around the time of the 11+ but get used to it as it goes on for years...
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

:evil: :evil:
Gee thanks KCG, I was hoping maybe it would last just the weekend? :roll: :roll:

Sigh......
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Sadly, no....mind you, my parents would probably argue that I'm still a teenager....!!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

That's it, I'm still a teenager :lol:

Looking forward to the teenage years :?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sometimes stress can manifest itself as physical symptoms too, like stomach ache and head ache, even chest pain.
DD often gets stomach ache when something is bothering her. Once we both realised it made it easier. Once she talks it out, the stomach ache eases.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Can I add another symptom to the list??: continually referring to & posting on this forum to let off some steam??!! :shock: (not that it's doing any good).....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now