Crgs uniform policy - school bags

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

4kids2hands

Crgs uniform policy - school bags

Post by 4kids2hands »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any guidelines to follow on school bags/backpacks? In the policy it says winter coats must be dark colours but I couldn't see anything on bags. Thanks in advance.
Minesatea

Re: Crgs uniform policy - school bags

Post by Minesatea »

Never heard of one, (and DS is about to start year 13!). We tend to look for strength, water resistance and dark colours as the boys all seem to chuck them in a heap outside in the grounds between lessons, regardless of the weather.
4kids2hands

Post by 4kids2hands »

Thanks minesatea.
shakingmum

Post by shakingmum »

My DS will be starting Yr9 tomorrow and he has had a red bag from Yr7. No problems/complaints, except I would agree with post above that it is looking very grubby now. Lots of room and strength of stitching important, they carry so many books it's ridiculous. His bag is Jeep and is still going strong. If they go for a bag that could be similar to others it might be an idea to put a little tag or keyring on the outside somewhere so they can identify theirs in the pile a bit easier.
fausto

Post by fausto »

My DS started Y7 at CRGS last year with a very cool single strapped bag in black and white. Two weeks later we were on Surfdome buying a padded double strapped backpack which carries all the books, survives the washing machine, and is about to enter Year 8 tomorrow. It is turqouise, orange and black.. so don't fret about the colours ! Good luck to your DS.
4kids2hands

Post by 4kids2hands »

Thanks very much for the replies. Sounds like he's got the right bag for the job, one less thing to worry about!
KB

Post by KB »

Strength of straps is critical. The best are where the straps have the widest join to the top of the bag so the weight is spread as much as possible.

+1 the need to be able to identify the bag

Either put all books in plastic wallets inside the bag or use a waterproof bag liner.

There are always abandoned bags outside - even after speech day ( when vast majority of pupils are long gone for summer hols).