Practice paper marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ripcurlrana

Practice paper marks

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi. I'm new to this forum but glad I've found it. Our son is sitting the entrance exam for BSB In Sept. He is bright and in top sets in school so thought it was worth a go. He does have a tutor for an hour a week who has helped him advance through the syllabus needed for the exam.

I'm just curious what your boys are getting in practice papers at the moment? His tutor has said to aim for 80% for July. It's all very stressful!

Thank you in advance.
scouselova

Re: Practice paper marks

Post by scouselova »

My son hasn't started practice papers yet so can't help I'm afraid. He will start after end of school term and practice the areas he struggles with... am determined that I wont become stressed because they pick that up from their parents. They can only do their best :-)
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

Ripcurlrana wrote:Hi. I'm new to this forum but glad I've found it. Our son is sitting the entrance exam for BSB In Sept. He is bright and in top sets in school so thought it was worth a go. He does have a tutor for an hour a week who has helped him advance through the syllabus needed for the exam.

I'm just curious what your boys are getting in practice papers at the moment? His tutor has said to aim for 80% for July. It's all very stressful!

Thank you in advance.
Hi Ripcurlrana!

My DS is taking the BSB exam this September too. I've been told to aim for 80%.

We did a maths paper this past Sunday and he got 80% in the time allowed for the first time. This weekend it's VR.

It is very stressful, though I've made sure that a) it's what my son wants (it is) and b) that he knows that as long as he's done his best, then he should be proud of himself whatever the result :-)
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi and thanks! The stress levels have gone down since my original post! He's come on so much since that post (and so have I!!). I completely agree in your thinking. Ive said all you can do is your best. :)
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

Ripcurlrana wrote:Hi. I'm new to this forum but glad I've found it. Our son is sitting the entrance exam for BSB In Sept. He is bright and in top sets in school so thought it was worth a go. He does have a tutor for an hour a week who has helped him advance through the syllabus needed for the exam.

Thank you in advance.
My sons school wouldnt talk about the test even if you asked about it. 0% help as dictated by the poor headmaster.

We didnt use a tutor but did buy practice papers. My son normally got one wrong at most on the maths but hovered around 80% on the english. When we got the test results he still managed a score a bit above average for English so you would expect 80% marks (taking into account everyone is nervous on the day) should be more than enough.
Apa

Post by Apa »

Hi anyone taking BSG test this month?
How are you finding the practice papers and appreciate any tips and advice if anyone has.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi
Yes my sons sitting it this year! He's doing very well, fingers crossed its enough on the day to get him a place. He's worked so hard! I'm a bag of nerves!!