Familiarisation test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MrsH173015

Familiarisation test

Post by MrsH173015 »

Quick question on filling in the answer boxes if anyone can help. DS has said today's paper showed the whole box shaded in on the example question at the start of each section (not just a line). Anyone any ideas? Could do without any last minute uncertainty ...
MrsH173015

Re: Familiarisation test

Post by MrsH173015 »

Edit. He says it wasn't shown on the paper, the CD instruction was to 'shade'.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Dd says that the squares are small enough that drawing a line through basically is colouring it in, so it doesn't really matter as long he is using a thick enough pencil and the line is visible (no mechanicals, just a bog standard not too sharp HB) She says to tell your DC not to waste time colouring the square in.
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

Thx. Think I'm going stir crazy. This is DC number 3, but still not got used to the stress! Good luck on Thu.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Were dc given all stationery by the invigilators or were dc told to bring in own stationery?
Usually cem suggests not to bring in own as it will be provided (& their pencils will be hb).
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

My DD was provided with stationary although I thought they were supposed to bring their own. (I bought HB pencils ready). However for the practice test they were only allocated 1 rubber between 2 children!!! Luckily the other girl sneaked her rubber in so they had one each! On the day this one rubber between 2 could be absolutely disastrous as they won't have time to wait till the other one finishes with it and it could mess up their timing, going out of sync and her confidence! Will definitely be having a word at school tomorrow!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Daffy wrote:My DD was provided with stationary although I thought they were supposed to bring their own. (I bought HB pencils ready). However for the practice test they were only allocated 1 rubber between 2 children!!! Luckily the other girl sneaked her rubber in so they had one each! On the day this one rubber between 2 could be absolutely disastrous as they won't have time to wait till the other one finishes with it and it could mess up their timing, going out of sync and her confidence! Will definitely be having a word at school tomorrow!
Sharing rubbers? Crikey- they may as well see each other's papers whilst they're at it!
Best to take in your own stationery methinks!
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

DS says they were given 2 pencils + rubber each by school.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

They weren't allowed to use their own stationary! I'm very worried! She did say they were told they could take as many pencils as they wanted from the teachers desk so they all had ridiculous amounts 10+!! This rubber situation cannot be a rational decision surely?? It doesn't seem like it is being taken seriously or maybe it was just because it was the practice and wasn't the real test.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is very foolish. They are leaving themselves wide open to appeals. "My dc could not get access to the rubber as the other dc was hogging it and would not share!"

Bring your own just in case they really continue with this. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now