fausto

The Letter

Post by fausto »

.. has arrived, it is very real now.
Kace

Re: The Letter

Post by Kace »

Tell me about it. Feeling sick.
Much earlier start for dd1 than for ds two years ago and the boys' school provided a drink and snack, whereas dd1 needs to take her own (so much easier to focus on trivial details than to think about what this really means... :wink:)
fausto

Post by fausto »

My DS1 got 3 biscuits at the alternate sitting !

Already been counting down how many days to results day, let alone exam day.. and why oh why are the results out on the 13th.. I have a superstitious mind.

Hang in there everyone, we've all worked so hard and travelled so far (but I am so relieved this is my last 11+ journey).
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

fausto wrote:My DS1 got 3 biscuits at the alternate sitting !

Already been counting down how many days to results day, let alone exam day.. and why oh why are the results out on the 13th.. I have a superstitious mind.

Hang in there everyone, we've all worked so hard and travelled so far (but I am so relieved this is my last 11+ journey).
Good Luck :D
Kace

Post by Kace »

I've got a five-year break until my last 11+ journey (and goodness knows what the exams will be like by then!), so this feels a bit like "the end" for me, too...
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I'm the other side of a 5 year break, DD sat 2011 entry, and its not pleasant. It seems far more stressful than I remember. :(
Kace

Post by Kace »

Oh, Minesatea, don't think I wanted to read that :wink:
I've found this time round much more stressful than two years ago - but I think that is more child-dependent than different exam-dependent. No idea yet how my youngest will react to serious revision...
Kace

Post by Kace »

Dd1 said that one girl in her class has been given an exam date of September 29th. Just wondering of this can be possible or if said girl has confused the 19th with the 29th. I know there will be an alternative date for any dcs who are unwell on the 19th, but assume nobody has been given the alternative date yet...
Any ideas?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

There are circumstances for which you can request the second date. Eg.reglious.
I think there was a situation one year when all the candidates from one primary school had to sit the second date due to a school trip!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Minesatea wrote:There are circumstances for which you can request the second date. Eg.reglious.
I think there was a situation one year when all the candidates from one primary school had to sit the second date due to a school trip!
Yes, that was last year, when a large contingent from one primary all had to sit on the back-up date due a clash with their year 6 residential.
On the CSSE website near to the closing date this year, you would at one point have seen the message along the lines of, certain venues were already at capacity, try requesting others. This later changed to something like, no places left (not sure whether at all or just one gender or the other) on main date, but you could book straight off for the reserve date (i.e.without having to claim religious objection). I wonder if this means they may have to offer a second 'sick' date this year if people were willing to go for the main date but had to accept the later one - I'm not sure what normally happens to those who decline the main date on religious grounds then fall ill on the reserve date?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx