Toilet break rules?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrsH173015

Toilet break rules?

Post by MrsH173015 »

DS unfortunately had to leave hall during exam to use toilet. He was very quick and still completed the paper. I contacted the school who said that they had not submitted a note of this on the invigilators report as he was between sections and so quick. Should I follow this up? Could this be relevant in an appeal if he misses by just a mark or two? Any advice welcomed.
trudie

Re: Toilet break rules?

Post by trudie »

Slightly different but a friend of mine's DC missed the qualifying mark by 2 points. She compiled a submission for Selection review that had 3 factors that she felt had affected her DC. 2 factors were outside the classroom (health etc) but 1 was that an outburst from another child during the test had unsettled her DC.
The Head then said that because the teacher invigilating had not thought the outburst to be of any consequence, it had been noted as such and therefore would possibly undermine the Selection Review. My friend did not include it in her final submission and was still successful.
It also sounds as though your DC did very well. Timed beautifully between sections and still completed the paper - no mean feat!
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

Hmmm, interesting. I am unclear how the appeal system works these days so not sure if, or how, I'd be able to submit this as part of an appeal even if I needed to. Maybe I should just 'let it go' as the Frozen song says! Thx for feedback.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Toilet breaks are allowed but no extra time is given.

The CD will not be paused.

If your child went to the toilet between sections, they would have missed the instructions for the next section.

Patricia
MrsH173015

Post by MrsH173015 »

He missed 30 seconds checking time from preceding, but completed, section. He then missed the very start of the instructions for the next section, although he says he still heard the example. The latter is my concern in case he misunderstood anything.