How did the kids find the Berks Exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesapphire

How did the kids find the Berks Exam?

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi, Finally it's over. But was a stressful time from start to finish. So many parents n kids for Berks paper, I thought as if every child was doing 11+!

Results around mid October will be a nail biting time waiting for them.....

Share ur thoughts....
hermanmunster

Re: How did the kids find the Berks Exam?

Post by hermanmunster »

I'm not sure if there is another sitting of the exam but just in case please don't discuss the content on the forum
khan1971

Post by khan1971 »

is it possible another sitting? as they have oversubscription criteria.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

khan1971 wrote:is it possible another sitting? as they have oversubscription criteria.
It is usually for children who were unwell on the day
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I can't say for Slough and Reading, but Kendrick in the past have had a back up day for illness the following week, with another date in January. Those sitting in January are not considered in the first round of allocations though and are treated as late applicants. The only exception I can think of was one year a girl with a broken arm. She was obviously not going to be able to take the back up date and took in January. However this was before the change to CEM so that may have changed.

To be on the safe side I would assume there's opportunity to take the test at a later date (possibly as late as January or maybe even later than that) , unless anyone can get written confirmation from the schools to the contrary.
Osho

Post by Osho »

I don't understand why some parents are so paranoid about anyone discussing the exam content. I asked my son who appeared in Slough consortium exam this Saturday , he said that he doesn't remember any question that came up . The same thing the other kids known to us told their parents.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sometimes we hear of students being 'prepped' beforehand to remember questions etc. so the info can be passed on.
My own Dd could remember a couple of questions/words that came up on hers a few years ago.

Of course with CEM there's whether certain types of questions appear or not.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now