Jeremy Corbyn

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Jeremy Corbyn

Post by tiffinboys »

Just been reading about Jeremy. He studied at Grammar and left with two A levels, both grade E. Becomes Leader of Opposition.

John Major also studied at Grammar school and left with 3 O levels. Becomes Prime Minister.

It seems we should not worry about the grades. :wink:
salsa

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post by salsa »

I've also been reading about him. He left his second wife because she wanted to send their son go a grammar school!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

In some papers, it is other way round. The wife left him. :wink:

Which ever way, sons bought him a new jacket.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Give John Major and Jeremy Corbyn some credit O and A levels were much harder in their days. :wink:

I hope no one is suggesting you need some reading and qualifications to become Prime Minister or in JC's case Leader of the Opposition.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Credit to them and to their grammar schools. :wink:
um

Post by um »

Corbyn attended Adam's Grammar but is now against Grammar schools in general.

Even as Prime Minister, I think they'd be pretty safe - he might secretly want to abolish them but it isn't going to happen.

I like a lot of his other policies though. Ds2 attended one of his talks/rallies and really enjoyed it :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

um wrote:Corbyn attended Adam's Grammar but is now against Grammar schools in general.

Even as Prime Minister, I think they'd be pretty safe - he might secretly want to abolish them but it isn't going to happen.
May be or may be not.

To his cost, he knows how passionately parents like grammars.

On the other hand, he may become another Tony Crosland/Shirley Williams.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

More like another Michael Foot.He will have to defy the first rule of politics in this first past the post system. Parties only become electable when they appeal to those people in the centre of the electorate.At the moment I don't see anything he has to offer to those people I know have voted Labour in the past and have deserted them.His past will come to haunt him.

It reminds me of the precipice Labour came to after the defeat in 1979 when Dennis Healey and Tony Benn fought for the deputy leadership of the Labour party and its soul.The challenge of the hard left was defeated but it still took Labour 4 election defeats to come to power.This time the hard left have taken control and Labour has fallen over the precipice.Taking into account the boundary commission changes to constituencies it remains to be seen how the political laws of gravity can be overcome.I think Grammar schools are safe for a few years to come.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Parties only become electable when they appeal to those people in the centre of the electorate.
Voters are not always centrist. What if more voters are right wing than the lefties or vice versa.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

I think all sensible Labour supporters, should come and join us in the Lib-Dem, all are welcome and most importantly we need a sensible opposition to hold this Government to account otherwise democracy itself is diminished .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now