Altrincham Boys School Exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

Altrincham Boys School Exam

Post by workerbee »

Thank God that's over, son exhausted and hasn't said a great deal so far. The hardest exam as always seems to be the case was Maths, i don't know if that's because it was the last exam and tiredness kicks in, or because it genuinely was the hardest exam. I know one style of questions on the NVR but not the other, i am hoping i get that information from him before he forgets because i have a boy sitting next year too and I thought that might be useful to know. If anyone could PM me with the info I would be grateful as I know the forum doesn't like that information discussed.
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Altrincham Boys School Exam

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Aw let him have a little chill and he will be ok, it's an awful lot for them to cope with. Was it mad busy? My DS was helping out but I dropped off at 10.30 and picked up at 1 , it was quiet at 10.30 but busy at 1- was near wiped out by a mum pulling out from a side road without looking :cry: , just as well I was on the ball.
moonshine

Post by moonshine »

My DS found the Maths part of the exam hard and could not complete the paper. It may be genuinely hard for all the boys as my DS did ok with mock and test papers prior to the exam. One has to remember that it is standardisation of the marks based on overall performance of the candidates.
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

pretty much every boy who I heard talking about the exam as they walked out seemed to say the Maths paper was quite hard so maybe it was a tougher paper.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now