Breach of rules at Sheldon and five ways Birmingham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hajra

Breach of rules at Sheldon and five ways Birmingham

Post by Hajra »

Does anyone have any information about the apparent breach of rules at some test centres in Birmingham on exam day ?
Bob1892

Re: Breach of rules at Sheldon and five ways Birmingham

Post by Bob1892 »

Hajra wrote:Does anyone have any information about the apparent breach of rules at some test centres in Birmingham on exam day ?
Check out the other posts about invigilator breaches in the brum section.
Have you got any news about these breaches yourself?
Hajra

Post by Hajra »

A friend received an email from the consortium informing her that some breaches had been reported and to contact them. Her son took his exam at a centre in Sheldon too. Btw what was the colour system at Camphill about?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Colour system was probably which hall or classroom child has to go to.
Sheldon ke academy had bit of a commotion due to a stampede to get into the school by impatient and queue jumping dps allegedly.
um

Post by um »

I have a list of 7 separate test centre/room complaints but I've completely lost count now of the number of complaints about KE Sheldon's organisation.
I have heard that one dc has been very upset and in tears all week/not sleeping due to their experience of being pushed around by shouting parents :(
However my understanding is that most centres were very well organised, with everything going according to plan.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The parents ought to be ashamed of themselves then! Disgraceful behaviour!

The amount of time and effort some parents go to to prepare their children for these tests and then losing it at the test centre, turning it into some sort of bunfight? What on earth did they think was going to happen? Were they worried their children would have to sit on the floor or something?
guest201

Post by guest201 »

What were those parents thinking of? My DS's test centre had a massive queue outside and it became apparent as we all stood in the queue that we were not going to even be inside the test centre by 9.30 (the test start time) let alone starting the test and there were at least 30 people behind us. We all waited patiently knowing we would get there in the end and the test clearly wouldn't start without the children and there was nothing to be achieved by "storming" the exam room. The exam started about 20 minutes late when all the children were registered and had been to the toilet.
Last edited by guest201 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Were they worried their children would have to sit on the floor or something?
Just goes to show some peoples mentality. :roll:
That experience must have been so upsetting for DC :shock: who were most likely feeling nervous already and could definitely have had an impact on their frame of mind and even how they handled the exam.
What we must remember is we are dealing with primary school children, my older son is 14 now and i have left him to it, he is at a great school and progressing nicely and being nearly 6 foot tall i don't feel the need to mollycoddle him. However these DC who are experiencing maybe the first proper exam of their lives did not need this type of unrest.

These people should be utterly ashamed :oops: of themselves.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Can't help thinking it must have been upsetting for their own DC as well as others. It is that road rage mentality that is becoming more prevalent in the 'me,me' society we are moving towards sadly. What sort of an example are we setting for the next generation?
sparky_lb

Post by sparky_lb »

As per my previous post
The mornings long queue was for the latter part concertinaed in front of the main doors. This meant that the once orderly queue was now a waste of time and that the parents who'd turned up really early were parallel to the ones turning up just in time.

Once some of the parents noticed the doors being opened, a stampede insurged and 'to ****' with all concerned! Children were being squashed and must have found the whole affair quite intimidating. A few children were crying. Luckily we stayed back and watched the whole fiasco from afar.

My husband, who had been talking to a friend not far from the entrance was swept into the surge of people. He said that the security were taken aback and found it hard to control the crowd. My husband took it upon himself and literally had to shout at everyone and tell them to move back as they were scaring all the children.

Honestly, it was like 'Black Friday'. The mentality of some of the people there was unbelieveable, What a sad but true reflection on society.

I am not surprised if there have been numerous complaints regarding the fiasco at Sheldon. However, the centre is not to blame for the total lack of common decency by idiotic parents, just maybe how it handled the structure of the queue nearer the time. As I mentioned previously, my DS and I stood way back from the rugby scrum (my husband was not so lucky). My DS was a little hyped up by what was unfolding in front of his eyes but acknowledged at how stupid the majority of adults were behaving. He finally got in OK.

Even as we were leaving, parents were suction cupped to every available glass window like 'on board car toys'
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now