st olaves second round results and the caf form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ronkevso

st olaves second round results and the caf form

Post by ronkevso »

My son did the St Olaves SET test yesterday.The results come on the 16th of Oct. If he is successful and invited to sit the second round test,will we get the results of the second test before the CAF form deadline which is 31st Oct? If not, how can we apply ?

I would be grateful for any advice.
grgygirl

Re: st olaves second round results and the caf form

Post by grgygirl »

I think the Second round SET is on Friday 13th November so, no, you won't know until after the CAF deadline. I'm not sure however, when they give the Second round results. I guess if your child gets through to the Second round then it's worth putting St Olaves on the CAF in pole position (if it's your first choice) as the odds become a little shorter.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

Thanks for the reply. Its a shame all the results cannot be received before the CAF deadline
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ronkevso wrote:Thanks for the reply. Its a shame all the results cannot be received before the CAF deadline
I think the good folk who came up with the Admissions Code had thoughts along those lines as well :shock: . I assume that the delay latterly built in by St Olaves, HBSetc doesn't hold up the 'sorting' of children in the coordinated system?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

What a lot of stress for the parents though, having to wait until Offers Day and also a potentially wasted offer. I assume they must give the likely, potentially, unlikely letters out after the Second Set?
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

I'm guessing they are no longer giving out likely/possible/unlikely letters. After all what would be the point now? If our sons pass SET1 we HAVE to put St Olave's as first choice on the CAF and just see how SET 2 goes. Then I am guessing it will be no news until March 2016, lovely!
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

If I remember correctly from my brief my conversation with the Head on the Open day, he said, this year they won't be declaring result of the Second stage exam and the result would be known only on the National Offer Day (1/March/2016). The first stage (SET1) result would be declared in time for parents to fill the CAF, but they would select approx. 500 boys for the 124 seats, which is a ratio of 4:1. No ranks or scores would be declared for SET1, so as a parent I would NOT know where my child stands. The results of SET1 and Second stage would be combined in a weighted way to arrive at the final result...so as a parent you can just hope your child passes SET1 and then does well in the Second stage. The Headmaster also mentioned that this being the first year of the new two-staged process, they are still thinking through it and may change it as necessary.
salsa

Post by salsa »

It sounds as though they are making it up as they go along!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Scary, isn't it? How did the DS's feel about the SET (no exam details of course)?
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

He felt confident but i'm a bit concerned about the writing element in SET2