St Ambrose exam - how did it go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Olliesmum

St Ambrose exam - how did it go?

Post by Olliesmum »

Well...how did it go? My DS said it was "OK Actually"! The Maths was the most difficult part for him, the English was fine and the VR...? What did you think?
Olliesmum

Re: St Ambrose exam - how did it go?

Post by Olliesmum »

Ha Ha! So.... 24 hours later and am I still the only parent on here to have a DS sit the St Ambrose exam?? :?
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

I actually only know one person who took St Ambrose.

Was it busy?

I wonder what the ratio of entrants to places is there?
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

My DS did it last year and thought similar, found the VR OK but the Maths hard but passed with a decent mark. He had wanted to go there but we weren't RC. Anyway he's well settled at SGS now so all good
elizabethswan

Post by elizabethswan »

my boy did it: he said the maths was hard but everything else easy, but not holding out much hope as he missed out 20 questions!! He only realised there was 100 questions instead of 80(he's used to doing GL Assessment papers) right at the end of the test and had no time to do them, he said he had been sat for some time doing nothing!! i should've found out about the test format previously, it's my fault!! never mind!!
Olliesmum

Post by Olliesmum »

My DS also said that he found the maths paper the most difficult part. The English Cloze became steadily more difficult as it went along apparently. Yes - it was very busy too!
Does anyone know what the pass mark is?
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

The pass mark was 320 last year although it was very difficult to see how they had reached this score? Try not to worry about you DS not finishing the VR, my DS missed 2 of the last pages of the VR last year, which he thought was about 20 or 30 questions, so we were convinced he would not pass but he ended up scoring about 50 over the pass mark.
Best of luck.