Cut off scores Queen Mary

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Cut off scores Queen Mary

Post by Petitpois »

Please can any tell me the number I should be looking for on Sat???

Looking at the three "please post score re 2015 Allocations here - suggests for Queen Mary High School, you'll need a score of about 323 - based on last year March cut off being 319.

Let me know if this is wrong
Last edited by Petitpois on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thirdtimemum

Re: Cut of scores Queen Mary

Post by thirdtimemum »

The information should be on the form however I've seen this on a different thread:
2013 cut off 325 last admission off waiting list 318
2014 cut off 320 last admission off waiting list 318
2015 cut off 322 no information on last admission

This is for QM boys.
MSD

Post by MSD »

I remember three years ago Walsall consortium did not give the standardised score if it was a clear pass and they were in a position to offer a place. Has this changed this year? Will they be providing the score irrespective of how high or low?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

The letter will give you the pass mark and the offer cut from the school on offers day which is in March for the last two years.It will not indicate the cut off for the last candidate from the waiting list.That process may still be taking place for last years entry.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
MSD

Post by MSD »

Thanks!
Petitpois

Re: Cut off scores Queen Mary

Post by Petitpois »

If 319 is it right to suggest 323 or there about for Queen Mary High School this year
um

Post by um »

These contradict my understanding which was that 'Pass scores' for last year on offer day were 309 for Queen Mary's High (Girls) and 318 for Queen Mary's Grammar (Boys).

Hopefully the letter will clarify this though!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

um wrote:These contradict my understanding which was that 'Pass scores' for last year on offer day were 309 for Queen Mary's High (Girls) and 318 for Queen Mary's Grammar (Boys).

Hopefully the letter will clarify this though!
Speaking from memory and I stand to be corrected if I am wrong the score for QM Girls was in 2014 on offer day 316 and came down to 309 from the waiting list.In the same year for WGHS was 318 on offer day and 316 from the waiting list.The information for QM boys appears correct on this thread for years, 2013,14 and 15.Last year (2015) for WGHS on offer day it was 321 and I am not sure how far it came down the waiting list.I suspect it was around 318 but under the regulations it couldn't fall below 314.For QM Girls I recall offers around 320 possibly 319 on offers day I don't know how far the offers fell from the waiting list possibly as low as 309 .For QM boys I don't know how far it fell from the waiting list I suspect no more than 4 or 5 points.The actual offer marks for the last 2 years will be in the letters sent to the children taking the consortium exams for each of the schools and then this information can be more accurately updated.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

These may have been the scores for 2014 entry...if anyone has received their letter, please do enlighten us as to official 'last-scores in'!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I stand corrected Um you were right for the QM marks for 2015 as what is being posted on the other threads confirms QM boys score of 319 for 2014 entry and 318 for 2015 entry.Similarly the score of 309 appears to be correct for 2015 entry as QM girls have not given in their letters last two years marks but an average mark for last four years of 313 in order to camouflage last years offer mark.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now