Old work books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracy41

Old work books

Post by Tracy41 »

Hi, just wanted to ask what everybody does with their old work books, when their child has finished with them :)
booellesmum

Re: Old work books

Post by booellesmum »

Passed mine to a friends DS who was taking year after mine.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

We gave all ours away; there were loads of books. They went to a family who were putting their child through 11+. We didn't want any money for them. I think they are on their fourth round now. Some people sell theirs I think. There is nothing better than the act of charity especially when it comes to books.
sky111

Post by sky111 »

Anyone selling CEM books, course papers etc relevant to the CEM exam?
Please PM.
I am preparing my DS for 2016 exam.
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

In theory, I'm saving them for my daughter. In reality, it will all depend on the KE results, as if son doesn't make it, I don't know whether I'd go through it all again.
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

sbarnes wrote:We gave all ours away; there were loads of books. They went to a family who were putting their child through 11+. We didn't want any money for them. I think they are on their fourth round now. Some people sell theirs I think. There is nothing better than the act of charity especially when it comes to books.
We think that's a wonderful approach. :D

As far as selling books on the forum is concerned, we don't go out of our way to encourage this, and we do have restrictions in place:
    • Posts about the sale of second-hand items are not normally allowed. However, at the discretion of Moderators, an exception may be made in the case of long established members who wish to sell second-hand 11 plus material - but permission should be sought before posting.
      http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=9&t=148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solimum

Post by solimum »

Quite a few have been donated to the Oxfam bookshop in Solihull - I sorted through a pile of various revision guides etc last week!
Tracy41

Post by Tracy41 »

I'll go scouting round the second hand shops, thats a good enough place to start then lol :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Sky111 - As far as CEM English is concerned you will find all necessary resources on the internet. Just do 45 minutes quality reading a day, which will take care of the comprehension and Cloze, and spend rest of the time consolidating vocabulary. Nothing more, nothing less!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now