Am I right to think there is little/no hope?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
spark

Am I right to think there is little/no hope?

Post by spark »

DD scored 298 for NGHS/WGHS - am I right to think there is no hope really of her being offered a place even from the waiting list at the eleventh hour?!! Anyone else with a similar score like to share their thoughts (PM if you'd prefer)
onebigdilemma

Re: Am I right to think there is little/no hope?

Post by onebigdilemma »

From previous years scores it would appear highly unlikely but no one can be 100% sure.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

A parent showed me the wolves letter this am. Letter says 297 compared qm which says 313. 298 is more than than albeit marginally. The range bottom was 190. If worse than previous years why not hold out.
spark

Post by spark »

Thanks petitpois - I haven't had the letter from WGHS as I think it's gone to our old address! Can you recall what the wording was for WGHS as the NGHS said words to the effect of it wouldn't be advisable to apply. Thank you
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote: Letter says 297 compared qm which says 313
PP - Could you elaborate on that please? It's not quite clear.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

The onky difference between the letters I could see were as follows

- wolves was colour and had a latin motto
- no snotty sentence about girks below 313 not keeping up
- just said range 417 to 190 , which struck as diff to qm

I would wait on and see people were asking about 280+ and whether that was possible
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

spark wrote:DD scored 298 for NGHS/WGHS - am I right to think there is no hope really of her being offered a place even from the waiting list at the eleventh hour?!! Anyone else with a similar score like to share their thoughts (PM if you'd prefer)
I think you already know the answer from the tone of the question.The reality is that it is extremely unlikely either school would offer a place at 298 even from the waiting lists.I am sure your child will find a school where they will be happy.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Fact is that someone got offered at 297 at wolves. Letter says so. For Qm below 313 unlikely as its an average rather than an actual. Costs nothing to put down
saraakash

Post by saraakash »

spark wrote:DD scored 298 for NGHS/WGHS - am I right to think there is no hope really of her being offered a place even from the waiting list at the eleventh hour?!! Anyone else with a similar score like to share their thoughts (PM if you'd prefer)

Spark--I rang the WGHS this morning and spoke to a Mrs Thomas, a very helpful lady , my dilemma was that when I completeted the form for the consortium I didn't tick WGHS (partly because of the commute) as DD results are in and she scored 309 , I felt it would be a shame to deprive her of the chance of getting into a grammar especially if her score would have been sufficient to have gained the place , anyway Mrs Thomas explained even though we didn't tick the box on the form they were aware of all scores that children had and said that aslong as we include WGHS on the CAF form (score permitting) she will get an offer, I am very relieved about this but still have my fingers crossed for QMHS--coming back to your original post I asked her what the scores were for the last girl that was taken last year, she gave me the average for the past 3 years being between 316-297 , so keep hopeful with 298 u never know.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Quasimodo is right on this point and I stand corrected. I really got a sense that 309 was borderline when I spoke with WGHS
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now