Admission Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
optimistdad

Admission Scores

Post by optimistdad »

Hi, Just received a letter confirming that my daughter has attained a total standardised score of 310 for Queen Mary's High School Sept 2016 admission. The letter mentions that over the last four years the average lowest score for pupils to be admitted is 313. However, upon reading the previous years posts on the forum, I understand that the score is subject to fluctuation. On one the admission years, the lowest score for a pupil to be admitted was 309. This years scores for 2016 admission range from around 420 to 200. Is there a possibility that she may still have a chance to gain admission? Are there any success stories out there in relation to anyone who has been in a similar situation. Please help!
Petitpois

Re: Admission Scores

Post by Petitpois »

That's a good solid score. keep going, and see if you can get a waiting list place - what's the cut off point in you area?? I am assuming your close the 313 cutoff in my area??

well done to your DC

best regards
Rebecca1066

Post by Rebecca1066 »

Just received the confirmation letter regarding my daughters standardised score. She got 381 on the Queen Mary's exam. How do you find out the raw score? Any help?
optimistdad

Post by optimistdad »

Thanks! will keep hoping and trying for the best.
Faith4

Post by Faith4 »

I don't think you need to worried at all Rebecca1066. Your child's score is brilliant.

Optimisticdad your child has also done very well. The cut off points vary each year depending on how many children enter the school at first preference and if your child is over 300 you have a good chance of getting in.

I hope I have helped in even a small way. :D
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Even if you don't think the score is going to be high enough, I would strongly suggest you put this as your first choice if this is where you really want your daughter to go.

You just never know what might happen, so always worth putting it on your form, with the score being so close.
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

Well done to your dc 309 is a good score optimisticdad but your in for a long year. Put the grammar as first choice and hope to get in off the waiting list. Past scores are not relevant as birth rates keep going up for the coherts so scores fluctuate as long as your within 3/4 points of previous scores you have a chance mate. Rebecca 1066 tweets like yours do not help anyone you know your dc has passed we are happy for you and your child keep the score to your self saying 330+ is enough. People on this forum want help and answers not gloating.
Faith4

Post by Faith4 »

I agree with nervousmom. You never know what may happen.
Rebecca1066

Post by Rebecca1066 »

Dadybear wrote:Well done to your dc 309 is a good score optimisticdad but your in for a long year. Put the grammar as first choice and hope to get in off the waiting list. Past scores are not relevant as birth rates keep going up for the coherts so scores fluctuate as long as your within 3/4 points of previous scores you have a chance mate. Rebecca 1066 tweets like yours do not help anyone you know your dc has passed we are happy for you and your child keep the score to your self saying 330+ is enough. People on this forum want help and answers not gloating.
I do apologies, this is the first time l have used this forum, my intentions was never to gloat about the score. if l upset you l apologies for that.
I will watch what l write in the future as l dont wish to upset anyone. Just wanted some advice thats all.
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

Rebecca1066 wrote:
Dadybear wrote:Well done to your dc 309 is a good score optimisticdad but your in for a long year. Put the grammar as first choice and hope to get in off the waiting list. Past scores are not relevant as birth rates keep going up for the coherts so scores fluctuate as long as your within 3/4 points of previous scores you have a chance mate. Rebecca 1066 tweets like yours do not help anyone you know your dc has passed we are happy for you and your child keep the score to your self saying 330+ is enough. People on this forum want help and answers not gloating.
I do apologies, this is the first time l have used this forum, my intentions was never to gloat about the score. if l upset you l apologies for that.
I will watch what l write in the future as l dont wish to upset anyone. Just wanted some advice thats all.

Your Daughter did amazing... I think its commendable.. Very Good..

Don't know nothing about RAW scores though..

My personal feeling is that it is good to see all the scores as it gives a better picture of whats going on...