Sutton SET outcome - boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PurpleDuck

Sutton SET outcome - boys

Post by PurpleDuck »

If your DS is sitting SGS and Wilson's stage 2, and passed Wallington, look out for an email from SGS. The two schools sent out a joined letter which suggests that 781 passed Wallington. It doesn't say how many passed SET overall, but it gives some idea of the numbers involved...
Last edited by PurpleDuck on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
newto11+

Re: Sutton SET outcome

Post by newto11+ »

yep,received the mail. I imagined that number would be around 450. 781 is, seriously ,much more than expected!

Over to experts to analyse :)
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

The number 781 seems to be a very logical and safe pass count for WCGS.
Just a though, even in case of an extreme case scenario If ;

180 Boys Take up Wilsons
135 Boys SGS
300 Boys opt for a lateral move across other Selective and Independent Schools

Still WCGS could offer its 135 places for able candidates and keep a countable waitlist ......

Its a countable number for WCGS :D :D :D
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

CoolParent123 wrote:180 Boys Take up Wilsons
135 Boys SGS
300 Boys opt for a lateral move across other Selective and Independent Schools

Still WCGS could offer its 135 places for able candidates and keep a countable waitlist ......

Its a countable number for WCGS :D :D :D
Do you think as many as 300 could opt out from the pot? If they don't, Wallington will have to do a lot of counting! Maybe they were so worried not to repeat last year's problem with insufficient number of successful candidates, they went all the way to the other side this year...
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Doubledutch

Post by Doubledutch »

Are there really that many boys who will choose the independent schools?
rejim2

Post by rejim2 »

It clearly says,

If your son scores highly in our tests he could be ranked in the lists of several selective schools. The local authority will try to place him in his first preference school, but if that school is unable to offer him a place it will try to place him in his second preference school. If that school is not able to offer him a place it will look at the third preference school. This process is repeated until every boy has a place at the highest preference of school that is able to make him an offer. It is completely fair and parents should name the schools in THEIR GENUINE CHOICE ORDER. You will have received an invitation from both our schools to second stage testing and we strongly encourage you to attend so that you have a full picture of which schools your son is eligible for and then you can make selections on your CAF form based on your true preference order.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

I would imagine that both SGS and Wilson's are not pleased with the misleading letter sent out by Wallington Boys head to passed DC's. I would imagine that to be the only reason why they have shared the number of boys who passed Wallington but not the number of boys invited to sit stage 2 test.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

You are absolutely right, rejim2. It's just that 781 is a bit scary for those for who Wallington is the first choice and who now feel probably somewhat less positive about their DS's passing Wallington than before....
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

Ha Ha Ha .... My Apologies ... if my answer is confusing ....

Yes, I mean WCGS wont take the risk of keep the pass number to 500 and later offer Children who have not passed SET ... Is'nt it? :D
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

PurpleDuck wrote:You are absolutely right, rejim2. It's just that 781 is a bit scary for those for who Wallington is the first choice and who now feel probably somewhat less positive about their DS's passing Wallington than before....
you are right considering that two years ago the overall boys passed to sit stage 2 for the three boys school was 790
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now