Waiting list query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nikki00

Waiting list query

Post by Nikki00 »

Just want to make sure I understand the whole system properly.

Assuming I put a super selective as no 1 on the caf and a standard comp as no.2. If DD doesn't get a high enough to score for a first round place I assume we get offered the place at the comp.
What I'm not 100% sure about is what happens with waiting lists. If you are offered a comp place in March and accept but are later offered a place from the waiting list of your no 1 choice in summer can you choose between the two or is the comp offer withdrawn ?

Thanks just trying to think over all the variables in advance.!
agathachristie

Re: Waiting list query

Post by agathachristie »

firstly,you rank your schools based on your true preference. If you do not make the cut for your first choice and you are offered your second choice you accept that offer but you can also ask to go on the waiting list of your first choice school.
If you are then offered a place by your preferred school off the waitlist you can then accept that then decline your second choice school.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

so yes you can choose between the two, bare in mind that the will most likely be a waitlist for your Comprehensive with hopeful parents waiting to be offered a place.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Be very careful. Depending on the local authority, the option to go on the waiting list varies. For example, in some London boroughs you CANNOT go on a lower preference school waiting list. For example, if say, you got choice 3 of a possible 6. You could not go on the waiting list for schools numbers 4, 5 and 6, but you could go on the list for schools in positions 1 and 2.
I know, for example that this is not the case in Kent.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

salsa wrote:Be very careful. Depending on the local authority, the option to go on the waiting list varies. For example, in some London boroughs you CANNOT go on a lower preference school waiting list. For example, if say, you got choice 3 of a possible 6. You could not go on the waiting list for schools numbers 4, 5 and 6, but you could go on the list for schools in positions 1 and 2.
I know, for example that this is not the case in Kent.
In that case, you would possibly be able to go on the list, but only by making a fresh (and therefore late) application for a place at the school. If you had already made an 'on time' CAF submission, the LEA would certainly not accept that you could not have made a timely application with the schools in what you have now decided is the preferred order, if you see what I mean.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx