Kent Results Via school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ronkevso

Kent Results Via school

Post by ronkevso »

Just got my son's Kent results. The receptionist said he passed and gave me the score for each paper. But what is the maximum score you can get on each paper? We live in Bexley about 15 minutes away from Dartford Grammar School.

HE got a total score of 400. Is this enough for Dartford Grammar School as we live out of county??

Please help. So confused.
mystery

Re: Kent Results Via school

Post by mystery »

Last year that would have been a very high score so I presume it is this year and it should be no problem for any Kent superselective such as Dartford Boys, Judd, Skinners etc. You got your results before results day though!!!
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Congratulations ronkevso, 400 is a great score. I'd be over the moon if my son achieved that score. No news from DS's school yet.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

didn't think we were allowed to know until 14th but well done amazing score
Last edited by Last1973 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Maximum score is 420, or 423 if you take standardisation into account. 400 does sound pretty amazing. We won't know what the pass score is until the official day on the 14th and that will give us an idea of how low/high the pass mark was and how low/high the top scores might be as a result. Strictly speaking I don't think the school should be giving out the results yet so I wouldn't shout to the rafters about it quite yet just in case you get the school into trouble.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

Thanks so much everyone.I was shocked too. I was on my way home until another parent said the school are giving the Kent results out. I told them that they must have got it wrong as the results will be out in 2 weeks time. The parent then showed me the letter that was in his child's school bag.

As I was heading for the office I was so nervous. However we are pleased with the results. It doesn't seem real though as we were not told the score needed to pass or highest/lowest marks.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Congratulations! Maybe your school do not know they are not allowed to give out the results? Do you have a new headteacher? I think you can contact the schools and ask if a score of around 400 would be enough. (You don't need to say you already have the score, as I do think it's a mistake). For Dartford boys is Dr Kingham. Her email is on the school's website. I can almost see what she would respond "in previous years your child would have obtained a place at the school"
Every year is different, of course, so there are no guarantees, but I'd say it's looking very good for your son!
Isn't it great you can now relax? :D
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

Yes, we do have a newish headteacher. Can't relax too much as we are waiting on Bexley results.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Any chance if you can find out the past mark for each subject?
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

ronkevso wrote:Just got my son's Kent results. The receptionist said he passed and gave me the score for each paper. But what is the maximum score you can get on each paper? We live in Bexley about 15 minutes away from Dartford Grammar School.

HE got a total score of 400. Is this enough for Dartford Grammar School as we live out of county??

Please help. So confused.
Omg I can't believe they have you the results! You're so lucky! That score sounds really good! Well done to your child!