Tiffin boys -first stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ambitious mum

Tiffin boys -first stage

Post by ambitious mum »

Does anyone have a rough idea about how many boys will be selected for the second stage exam?
Thank you
notaclue

Re: Tiffin boys -first stage

Post by notaclue »

Any ideas how many boys sat the 1st stage exam this year? It was horrendous traffic so hope that not too many were late gor the actual exam...
ambitious mum

Post by ambitious mum »

Thank you very much Tiffin Boys.
Doubledutch

Post by Doubledutch »

So, how did everybody feel they did? My DS came out close to tears. Felt it was much harder than the Sutton tests. Did not finish last two questions in the maths. On reflection, feels he did not drop too many marks in the maths, English seemed easier.
[Edited by moderator]
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hi,

Quick question....Did both the schools have the same paper( Tiffin boys and Girls)...

Heard from friends that it was....

Thanks
Jas
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

In one of the emails received from Tiffin they mention 1800 candidates coming for the exam, encouraging public transport.
I was amazed as we got there at 7 55 ,we were allocated the side entrance and no queue at all, got in straight away! I couldn't believe it after SET and SGS queues.
Did they have 2 sessions, am and pm as I walked to work on the main road for 20 min and the traffic didn't look worse than a normal morning in Kingston?
With regards to the exam my DS said it was the weirdest out of all of them :?: [Edited by moderator]
He managed to finish all the questions according to him but I don't know how well he's done so we' ll have to wait for the results.
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

Double Dutch just to correct you, it was ....... [Edited by moderator]
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

A gentle reminder not to discuss any aspect of test content until a moderator has given permission.

• 13. "Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?"
      Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters. As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.
      No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
      Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).
      Copyright must be respected.

This FAQ forms part of the 'Rules & Guidance'.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 90#p346290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

• Thank you
Humble Parent

Post by Humble Parent »

Can anyone shed some light on whether first stage marks would be added to second stage marks to give overall standing.
Many thanks in advance for info.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Humble Parent wrote:Can anyone shed some light on whether first stage marks would be added to second stage marks to give overall standing.
Many thanks in advance for info.
First stage marks will not be considered for final selection.

TGS is much more clear on this :
3.2.8 The Stage One Test will determine invitation to sit the Stage Two test only. Marks from the Stage One test will not contribute to the final determination of offer of places at the School.
Even Tiffin Boys implies the same:
8.3 Admission to Tiffin School will be determined by academic ability by reference to the rank order of the Combined Mark of the Stage Two Test papers. The Combined Mark will be the basis on which decisions about admission will be made in accordance with the Selection Criteria.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now