Pates rankings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

css

Pates rankings

Post by css »

Hi, my son has been ranked 154th for pates, 4 places outside the top 150 guaranteed places. Does anyone know how far outside previous years top 120 they went on allocation? (In previous years they only took 120 not 150 as this year). For some reason the pates letter didn't give this information as some other schools have done.
Cheltfan

Re: Pates rankings

Post by Cheltfan »

There are threads on here re this question for previous years if you search through but I would be pretty certain that you will get a place, well done.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

In the past few years it has been between 10-15 outside the PAN, so you should be fine!

Just be aware pates also have (or had a few years ago) a clause which says any child who is looked after (in care) or pupil premium (variety of reasons here, but does include forces children) will automatically be guaranteed a place. e.g. if they were ranked 199th they would queue jump into the top 150. Not sure if this has ever happened (majority of daughters friends are very very middle class and above) but it is to try and aid social mobility. The Sutton trust chair Peter Lampl is an alumni of the school.
This is why even if you score within the top 150 spaces it says "this does not guarantee you a place" (and the fact you have to put it first in the CAF!

Well done to your son!
css

Post by css »

Thanks Cheltfan and cupoftea.
essaouira

Post by essaouira »

It went to 134 (from a 120 intake) last year. I think you a very likely safe. Almost certainly in fact so congratulations!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now