Is it a secret?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Casey0507

Is it a secret?

Post by Casey0507 »

Hi all!

Does anyone know if children's scores are sent out to their primary schools? I'd rather ours didn't have access to my daughters score.

Thanks in advance X
booellesmum

Re: Is it a secret?

Post by booellesmum »

I really don't think so.
Last year DD2's teacher looked genuinely surprised at parents evening that she had even taken the test!
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

That's a relief - my daughter was under the impression they did!

I'll just go back to stalking the FO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Walsall ones definitely weren't, head asked me a week or so after results came out what score son got. And there was certainly no consent to share that info box on any of the registration forms, which I'd expect to be honest if that was to be the case. In all honesty though, it's of no benefit to the primary school is it, there's no reason for them to be officially informed.
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

That's what I thought. There was quite a lot of the children in my daughters year that sat it, easily 25 that I know about!

I do hope the results come out a little earlier - it feels like we've been waiting a lifetime!
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Casey0507 wrote:
I do hope the results come out a little earlier - it feels like we've been waiting a lifetime!
I know!!! Feel like we just can't move on until we know, I just need to know either way now. Longest wait ever!
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

That's exactly how we feel! :?

She said when she came out that she felt it went well and that it was easier than she expected it to be?! Reading the forums on here that seems to be the general feeling so I'm not as worried now. We went to look at KEHS this morning, its a fab school with fantastic facilities but she was so quiet. I think it must really playing on her mind but she doesn't want to talk about it :(
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I don't know if I am right but I think kids need certainty more than parents. All this if ands, pots and pans does them no good. I cannot see thats its entirely avoidable.
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

I totally agree but this kind of process doesn't allow for that I guess. I never discuss it around her unless she brings it up first, which she has more so this week and is generally a little more anxious than normal. I feel for them all I really do ***
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

I don't know if it's just my child or boys in general, but he showed no nerves before, after or now. He genuinely doesn't seem too bothered, but he does prefer KEFW and likes our 'preference' comp and other kids from primary will definitely go there which probably helps in that respect.

Equally husband is not 'not bothered', because that implies he doesn't care, and he really does, but is very laid back about the whole thing. On the other hand I am struggling to focus on anything other than results and the 'need to know' or need to plan/have some idea where he will be next year! I'm not sure if son's laid back nature is a good or not so good thing, I'm also not sure how I'll get through the GCSE/A level years if he doesn't show some sign that he's nervous/worried/bothered! I guess for his mental wellbeing it's probably a good thing, although I never know whether the term 'still waters run deep' is actually quite apt for my child, and that in itself is a whole other worry, as clearly I would prefer him to share than internalise - but that's possibly because it would suit me better, rather than suit him :?

No one ever thought fit to discuss all this parenting worry and eleven plus drama in antenatal classes....! :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now