12+ verbal reasoning tests

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aeg

12+ verbal reasoning tests

Post by aeg »

Hi can anyone help - im a mum whose floundering. My daughter, year 9, is having to move school mid year and will be taking the 12+ bucks exam. I cant find anything out about the type of questions (how they differ from 11+,if at all ) that will be set and whether she will be marked down in order to take into account her age, 13yrs.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi aeg

Try the Bucks section! :wink: There is a "Sticky" devoted to the 12+/13+ at the top of the section.

This link will take you directly to it:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=4899

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you are looking for Year 10 entry each school sets its own curriculum tests.

Not many Grammar schools have places in Y9 as it was a very large cohort - where in Bucks are you moving to? PM me if you prefer
aeg

Post by aeg »

Many thanks Sally Anne, the information is very helpful. The reason I'm changing schools for my daughter is due to physical bullying, which cant be sorted by her current school. Horrible for any child in this situation but a sad reflection of how our society has become! Mid year transfers are obviously not ideal, but i have no choice. My daughter is currently at home, as the school cant guarantee her safety, and i have been promoted to class teacher! I just hope it can be resolved quickly. Before anyone asks, yes i am applying to other schools, but they have to be out of area for obvious reasons.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Goodness how awful for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck in securing a place for your daughter and hope that you and her can move on from this awful situation.
Let us know how you get on.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi aeg

I have just sent you a Private Message

Sally-Anne