outside 'priority area'

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gabe'sMum

outside 'priority area'

Post by Gabe'sMum »

Hi - I can't find an existing thread on this issue - so starting a new one!
My son has too few points for KEGS / CRGS, but more than enough for Westcliffe / Southend- if within the priority area. As we live in Brentwood, he needs much higher points, which we don't have!
If we move to within the priority area, to ensure he gets a place, we wouldn't be able to do this fast enough to submit options form.
Do they have a 'cut-off' point for considering where you live????
ToadMum

Re: outside 'priority area'

Post by ToadMum »

19th January 2016 Cut off date for change of address. This date is also the cut off for New applications
(people moving into the area that could not apply to an 0 – see page 9). Address
changes after this date must be reported and will be considered after national
offer day. Address changes (between Sept and Jul) must be reported to The School
Admissions Team of the Council.

Apologies for the loss of formatting, but the above is from the current Southend secondary admissions booklet (which can be accessed online). It appears that the latest date for moving into catchment is 19th January, but personally I would contact the admissions team asap to check.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Gabe'sMum

Post by Gabe'sMum »

Thanx so much for that - I've been searching online for the answer, but seemed to have missed this one!!
:D
muerdago

Post by muerdago »

Hi, can anyone help, please? I have the same query about ChCHS catchment area. We are planning to move to the area but for several reasons we will not be able to move until after my DD has taken the 11+ exam (probably around Christmas time) Would she not qualify as being "in catchment" even though we will be living in the area before allocation day in March?

Many thanks in advance.
KB

Post by KB »

The school web site implies you need to be resident at time of registration. However it does refer to governors making specific decisions so if you have proof that you are moving into the area between Jan & March ( exchange of contracts, signed tenancy agreement) then I would contact them to see if they will accept it.
muerdago

Post by muerdago »

Thank you KB!