First and second choices for KE consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nickynoodle

First and second choices for KE consortium

Post by nickynoodle »

Right, i'm new to this forum lark..so be gentle. I have what is probably a stupid question :roll:

Test results arrived today, and daughters score was decent. She is probably safe for 2 schools and borderline for the other 2… based on last years cut off scores.

At the KEFW open day, i remember the head saying that unless you put the school first on your pref form, you won't get in. (i think that's what she said, but my attention span is shocking) Is this right?

If so, does this hold for the others in the group too?

In my head i would put FW first (a bit of a wildcard) and then Handsworth second…. but does this mean that if i don't get FW then Handsworth won't consider the application.

ah, yes, there is a second similarly stupid Q….. we are Dudley LEA …and the schools aren't a choosable option on the Dudley application website. So I look on B/Ham council, and I can't access schools list as i don't live in the area… have i missed something else here?

Thanks all, and good luck to those still awaiting results. I wasn't expecting post til tomorrow, so i was rather surprised when ours arrived today! :D
Midlandsmom

Re: First and second choices for KE consortium

Post by Midlandsmom »

nickynoodle wrote:
ah, yes, there is a second similarly stupid Q….. we are Dudley LEA …and the schools aren't a choosable option on the Dudley application website. So I look on B/Ham council, and I can't access schools list as i don't live in the area… have i missed something else here?

Thanks all, and good luck to those still awaiting results. I wasn't expecting post til tomorrow, so i was rather surprised when ours arrived today! :D
In answer to your first question. No, it's an equal preference system.

In answer to your second, when you're in the online application for Dudley, there is an option (at school selection) to change the LA. You need to change to Bham to bring up the list of Bham schools. HTH.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

As a Dudley LEA parent with children at schools outside borough, these can definitely be accessed online.

All Heads say "you must put us first". What they really mean is "if you definitely want your child to come to this school put us first otherwise you may be offered your first preference on the form". Doesn't quite run off the tongue so well unfortunately.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Yup, I have done it before. Their online application system is quite good.

Nicky - let us know if you require the link?
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

If memory serves we received a call about two weeks after submitting to advise us that were we aware that you have to sit the 11+ to put KEFW et al on the form :? We said of course.

We were then told they have several parents who put the grammar schools down each year who didn't know you had to sit the test :shock:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Happy dad wrote: We were then told they have several parents who put the grammar schools down each year who didn't know you had to sit the test :shock:
Same lady that described the UFO as "dorito" shaped

:lol:
nickynoodle

Post by nickynoodle »

thanks all, just found the 'option to change lea' on the Dudley website..and now you've reassured me about the equal preference system i can go ahead and apply.

:D