OOC admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ramesheuk

OOC admission

Post by ramesheuk »

Got results through post and DS passed. Very happy :)

Have a question about admission. Is there any possibility for getting place for OOC student? I am not sure if there is any policy to allocate seat based on score (Marks).

Thanks in advance.
scary mum

Re: OOC admission

Post by scary mum »

Really? Didn't you research this before sitting the test. There are many threads about this. Anyone who scores 121 or over is qualified for a place, the score is then irrelevant. It is then done on distance (& other criteria which you will find on the school websites). The admission distances for previous years are easily available on the BCC website or on this forum.
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Well done on a qualifying score. However, are you seriously saying that you registered your child for the test, went through the process to sit the test as well as perhaps tuition/preparation and yet you've never actually looked into how the system works in Bucks?

The answer to your question is "yes" but in response to the second part, "no".
ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk »

Thanks for replies.

Yes, I have gone through the admission policy before applying for exam itself. But hope to get any one got in this category in prevoius years? If yes, how many marks?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

ramesheuk wrote:Thanks for replies.

Yes, I have gone through the admission policy before applying for exam itself. But hope to get any one got in this category in prevoius years? If yes, how many marks?
Bucks don't rank scores!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

ramesheuk wrote:Thanks for replies.

Sorry, I don't entirely understand the question but I think the answer is 121 which as others have pointed out, is all that matters. Once that score has been reached or exceeded, other criteria come into play, which you will have read in the admissions policy of course.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

scary mum wrote:121
:lol:
I do wonder why they don't just give a "you achieved a qualifying score but we don't tell you the score" for anything of 121 or over and the actual score if you don't qualify. It would save these questions coming up time and time again.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Certainly it used to be that in North Yorks when DD and DS did the test - you got a "you have qualified" letter,
so unless you actually wrote and applied for the scores you never knew whether they had done very well or just scraped in.

Those who did make the mark were told so that they could make decisions about appealing
nervncalm

Post by nervncalm »

The letter I got (for OOC) had the STS score and a breakup of the same between Verbal, Numerical and Non-verbal. It also mentions the weight given to each of these.

My DD has scored very well, now time for me to check the OOC policies of the school. Will be a lot of reading over the weekend.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now