where do I get scores from?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bigbirdcw

where do I get scores from?

Post by Bigbirdcw »

My daughter has not achieved the standard for her school. The school maintain that they do not have the scores as it is all handled through Durham university (CEM), they only have a rank.

To whom do I make a freedom of information request for her scores? Would I also be able to ask for the cohorts highest and lowest scores?

Would I also be able to get information regarding whether scores were normalised as well as being age standardised?

Planning ahead for a appeal following the March Allocations and need to get all the information I can

Thanks in advance
rust2015

Re: where do I get scores from?

Post by rust2015 »

MY son didnt get the scores Im also going for appeal process but very unlikely he will get a success.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Bigbirdcw wrote:My daughter has not achieved the standard for her school. The school maintain that they do not have the scores as it is all handled through Durham university (CEM), they only have a rank.

To whom do I make a freedom of information request for her scores?
If the school say they don't hold the information, try going direct to CEM, but quote the Data Protection Act, not FOI.
Would I also be able to ask for the cohorts highest and lowest scores?
Would I also be able to get information regarding whether scores were normalised as well as being age standardised?
I don't see why not. (If an exemption applies, they should explain.)
This particular request would come under FOI.
Etienne
Bigbirdcw

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Thanks Etienne for your advice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now