Berkshire test dates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Road Runner

Berkshire test dates

Post by Road Runner »

Hello can anyone tell me are the dates for the Slough test confirmed for this year and if so when are they.

thanks

Mel
chad

Post by chad »

Hi Mel

Nothing published last time I looked.......will keep an eye out
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Do you know if it is true that they may bring it forward? I know that there was talk in that happening in Bucks bit it isn't now. My sister thinks it may happen in Slough.

Mel

Mel
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Catherine, posted a URL earlier, re SG considering bringing the test forward to September.

Catherine's earlier post
chad

Post by chad »

Here is an extract from a decision by the schools adjudicator in answer to an objection to new admission arrangements by Slough LEA.

The Authority objected to criterion 3 of the determined arrangements, which says; “Where possible, the test will be taken in the Slough Primary Schools at the end of September.â€
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

From the document I understand that it would be all or none of the Slough schools. But there is absolutely nothing confirmed.

Edited: We posted at the same time Chad
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Thanks guys.

Good to hear from you Catherine(remeber me)
Hows your son doing.
Mine is enjoyng year eight at JHG.

I have recently started tutoring my year five dd so am back on and no doubt will become a regular addict over the coming months

Mel
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Re- bringing test forward to September, it looks like Kent are also looking into this. See following article .....

Kent Online Article re-Sept 11+ testing

Whilst, it would be great for parents to know the result before filling in the CAF, one thing that hadn't occurred to me, as pointed out in above article, was that...
Robert Straker (National Union of Headteachers) wrote:"If testing takes place in September the potential for stress is enormous. Parents of July and August born children will be making decisions about their child aged 11 whilst they are still nine years old."
Surely they should change the Admissions timetable, by a couple of weeks, to allow for testing in late Oct or Nov? Schools should be able to turn results around in 7days, shouldn't they?